• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another old Traffic Cops was watched earlier, for want of energy to think of something else to watch

Friday tomorrow! About time too!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Isn't it amazing how many things one wishes one had asked that can no longer be answered.

There was one today about a rare book my late mate had sold to the Bodleian Library.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Today in thorny questions on which I would have sought my Mum's advice but now can't: how much to give for my niece's wedding present?

They haven't bothered with a list of household appliances and crockery and such, sensibly in my view, instead soliciting donations of actual money to the "Honeymoon Fund". My sister is also unsure but suggested a figure that seems reasonable (and is towards the low end of what I was thinking the range might be) so I'll go along with that

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: homemade sweet & sour pork and fried rice. Not going to win any prizes in the Chinese equivalent of Masterchef (General Secretary Chef?) but it's nice enough

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Raining here, though not torrentially

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Fraud call from "Natwest security" but they gave my full name which is a bit worrying.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

It's been an intermittently cloudy day and I think there may have been a shower or two here and there. Currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day. Showers due this evening / overnight. Barometer still at 1012 mbar.

Much pottering about this morning and not much achieved. My brother texted me to say the gardener had arrived at Mum's - she called him in a panic wondering what the hell was going on . Once she realised she wasn't in mortal danger, she made the chap a cup of tea.

In other news, the job hunt continues in fruitless fashion.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch earlier was a sausage bap (white, no sauce, cold sausages)

Still grey out with the occasional threat of drizzle, though no drizzling has happened yet. The wind's got up though

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Exciting trip to the dump this morning, box full of stuff I have cleared from the shed very heavy, knackering to carry it to me van. Prob. ll1 later, if I'm not feeling so tired from another grotty night sleep.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Haircut done!

Despite getting there at 7:45, I had to wait until past 8 before I was seated, due to there being a bloke already there who was having one of those complicated trims and also having his beard styled or some such nonsense. He still looked like a scaffolder's mate once she was done with him, so I'm not sure it was worth the effort. Still, if it makes him happy…

Anyway, I finally got my turn, and I was out in time to get back before the traffic was too bad

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Cut the grass yesterday evening, it got to the point that the beam from the headlights on the mower was actually visible.
    Light, wispy cloud this morning.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dry.

Very grey.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 23 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1007.7 mBar, 29.757 in Hg, 755.84 Torr, 14.615 psi, (untapped: was showing 1002 from ?yesterday morning?), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of November 2019 LM went to watch "Terminator: Dark Fate", NF changed his hotel booking to one night so he could make a quick escape after the conference, xogg nearly joined a walk until he found it was for gay, bi, and trans persons, WTFH had an interview, NF couldn't decide what to have for tea, whereas I had M&S breaded haddock as is only right & proper.

Martin duly sent off on his way. X5 down, 36 up, 36 back down, and a 34 home (this last a mistake: the T6 would have been much better).

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: R4 play about Clive Pontin and the Belgrano affair. I wonder if Hilda Murrell gets a mention. .

The Mentalist S7 E3, E4.

Tea: chicken in white sauce etc.

Entertainment: The Mentalist S7 E5, E6.

Trucking Hell S8 E14.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 21:31.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start again though not as completely overcast, with a bit of low sun breaking through the gaps now and again. Going to be quite warm today: only 13°C now, but 23° expected by mid-afternoon. It's expected to get quite breezy too. The barometers are pretty much steady at 1002/1009mB

Up very betimes this morning to go for a haircut, so I look suitably neat for my niece's wedding in three weeks. The cutting may not happen though: the going will, but if the hairdresser's husband has died since I was last there or she's had to stop work to care for him, she may not be working and the shop will be shut this early

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was an old Traffic Cops, just for a change

Early night now. Quite tired, as it goes

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just heard that we've got probate!

It'll take up to two more weeks for the grant to arrive with my brother, but overall it will have taken about six weeks - a lot faster than we expected! So we may be able to get the house sale completed by October, if not before

Leave a comment:

Working...
X