• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Teatime viewing was the C5 motorway cops thing, which has moved from Cheshire (lots of motorways) to Northumbria (a couple of A roads that have an (M) after their names) and is therefore on motorways even less than before

And then some non-nuclear accidents as I resumed reading Black Box, an interesting chapter all about the Comet

Early night now, as I still haven't fully recovered from the sleepless Sunday night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: homemade adana kebabs in a pitta with sweet chilli sauce, and chips

Makes it a bit of a kebaby start to the week after the donner on Sunday, but the minced lamb Needed To Be Eaten™

It got sunny earlier, making for a nice sunset, but then it hastily clouded over again and is now raining

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by covbob View Post
    I'm now on leave for the next seven weeks as CivilServiceDept don't need me to do anything else. Benefits of being a permie I guess Now the job hunt starts in earnest!
    Paid, I hope!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    ^^ I thought they reversed the decision to close the customer service phone lines over summer?

Afternoon all

It's been a hot and sunny day today with cloud cover increasing as the day has progressed. Some of the clouds have flecks of grey in them but the weather app says there's no rain for the foreseeable future. Currently 22 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

A frustrating day.

[RANT]Had to organise the downstairs of the house because my landlady wanted someone to look at a leaking window in the conservatory roof and she couldn't possibly wait until I'd moved out. That got cancelled and they're now coming tomorrow.

I had a wander over to the new place to wait for broadband to be installed. The broadband person didn't turn up. I called Hey!Broadband and they had no record of me making an installation appointment. Toys and prams parted ways when I discovered that their system can't cope with people putting in a dummy order to check lead times and then returning a few days later to actually place the order. It's now being done on Friday morning, allegedly.
    [/RANT]

I double checked measurements and put post its where furniture needs to go so that the removal chaps have a fighting chance of putting things in the right places. Stuff that needs to go into storage is mostly corralled into a single pile.

Leave a comment:

• covbob
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Grey and damp here, and I have a crick in my neck which is distracting me.

I'm now on leave for the next seven weeks as CivilServiceDept don't need me to do anything else. Benefits of being a permie I guess Now the job hunt starts in earnest!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been the same as yesterday: mixed charcuterie butty (wholemeal) but accompanied by a bag of plain crisps this time

It's turned grey out

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Tuesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 17.8 deg, 18.5 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.855 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1010 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of October 2019 I watched multiple eps of "Joan of Arcadia", followed by one of "Jeremiah" S2, leaving the final two for later, whereas NF watched some documentary on the BBC about Colin Pitchfork, DNA, and the murder of two girls, followed by two eps of "Breaking Bad" as light relief. , a post so good he posted it twice, and I related tales of the Finnish student who was regularly retrieved from the gutter on Wind Street in a drunken stupor and was alleged to shoot cats since he couldn't find any moose or elk to kill around here, his final year project being something to sterilise water with UV leds rather than the sexual engine he really wanted to design but "they" wouldn't let him.

Trip to Swansea via X7 to do the needful doings in the Bank, paying in over the counter because I refuse to use the machines like some kind of animal and wish to be treated with the respect I'm due as an . Many books & dvds donated to Oxfam whilst fewer books & dvds were purchased. 38 bus back with excitement when a lady with some sort of disability scooter thing nearly broke her neck getting off at Skewen.

Found "The Spy who came in from the cold" in Waterstones: it was placed under "C" rather than "L" as everywhere else seems to manage.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: Veronica Mars S3 E12 "There's got to be a morning after pill". . Stone me, the godbotherer was a good father, who'd have thunk?

Oh good. That Septic who shares a name with me has booked a flight from Jacksonville to Columbus Ohio via Washington Regan.

Oh Dear(tm), there's been a gate change.

Tea: kedgeree made with some kippers in butter (Morrisons, reduced, dated Dec 24 but no indication of year or decade thereof), nice enough, I rather enjoyed that.

Scotland Yard "The Mail Van Murder (1957)". Always fun to watch the lugubrious one. .

The Capone Investment (1974): John Thaw (not Regan or Morse), Peter Sallis. And someone using a stirling to snipe from a church tower. .

Apparently it's 27 minutes to boarding Jacksonville. .

Maigret and the seven little crosses (2004). S14 E2.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:40.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start again, and expected to continue so. Currently 12°C and forecast to hit 19° later, while the barometers are continuing upwards at 1003/1011mB. And I can faintly hear the bin lorries as they make their way past

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No more telly this evening, but in Nuclear Accidents the Americans are becoming experts at blowing up reactors with steam explosions. Often this was indeed accidental, but on a few occasions they did it deliberately to demonstrate that some special design feature made such events much less catastrophic. These deliberate ones were invariably vastly worse than anybody had predicted though, so eventually they stopped doing that

Time to see if I can catch up on the sleep I missed last night. I don't think I'll have any trouble nodding off tonight; I'm knackered

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by E1 of The Fall: Skydive Murder Plot on All4, about the woman whose husband messed up her parachute and reserve a few years back, but who survived falling from 4,000 feet

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are, finally, up

A ridiculously busy day, which is just what I could have done without after last night's poor sleep

But the project hasn't been cancelled yet, and I managed to find a few minutes to grab a mixed charcuterie butty (wholemeal) at lunchtime

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Currently in a big meeting led by the senior tech manager, and I'm beginning to suspect that I'm going to see this project killed in real time
    Still here, at least for now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Currently in a big meeting led by the senior tech manager, and I'm beginning to suspect that I'm going to see this project killed in real time

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 17.3 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1006 mBar, 29.707 in Hg, 754.56 Torr, 14.59 psi, (up from 1003 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 10th of October 2019 vwdan was building stuff, WTFH had his stitches out (apart from the one that had fallen out already), whereas I was watching more Jeremiah S2 with Joan of Arcadia thrown in for good measure, and LM detailed more of her ongoing OU course.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. Though "entertainment" is a gross exaggeration regarding TWATO. Then again I'm not actually listening to it, it's just "on" and hasn't gone <click> quite yet but came remarkably close when Farage was on, spewing his lies.

Veronica Mars S3 E11 "Poughkeepsie Tramps & Thieves".

Tea: chicken in white sauce (which managed to explode in the meecro wav ay in spectacular fashion) etc. Nice enough, what was left.

Entertainment: NCIS S20 E21 "Kompromat".
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 18:32.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Clear sky, some wispy fluff. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer up a smidge to 1009 mBar.

Heading to the office. Running late but not late enough to miss anything.

NickFitz There is a new series of 24 Hours in A&E.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X