• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch, by the way, was leftover tandoori chicken

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bedding wash part I is on - mattress topper and pillow protectors

As the same machine is required for drying, and the estate frowns upon anything as plebeian as a washing line disrupting its elegant views, I expect part II will have to wait until tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Started off bright hut has clouded over somewhat. A bit of a breeze. Clouds threatening rain but that's not due for another couple of hours. Currently 17 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

First load of bed linen has been washed and is on the line. Hopefully it'll have a good blow about before the rain comes. Unlikely I'll get the second load out there.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    morning all
    CBSWFB here by the north sea
    king billy still. though.
    still awaiting a start date for this gig.
    I'm beginning to get 'a bad feeling about this'

ho hum

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Autocorrect keeps turning "bhajis" to "hajis". They're nice, but not worth going on a pilgrimage over

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Nice to have Monday off; they should do this more often

It's a sunny start but with big cumuli drifting about the place and getting in the sun's way from time to time. Very windy too, judging by the undulations of the neighbouring sycamore's branches. It's going to get cloudier, it seems, so the current 12°C won't increase beyond 15° this afternoon. The barometers are back up a bit though, at 1001/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday apparently.

Woken by the brush cutter cutting the brush in next door's garden (not the relatives garden the other one).

Dry.

Wanly sunny.

Black clouds in places.

Chilly in here at 17.7 deg, 18.5 in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.825 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (up from 1008 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

The conversion thing has disappeared so feck it: found another one, not the usual one but it did.

Meanwhile on the 2nd of October 2019, so long long ago, NF was Having Fun With Maps and Map APIs, whereas I was watching yet more of Jeremiah, including the one about the librarian who can't read but protects the books in a library (rather reminiscent of the pilot for "Person of Interest" "what is this place? The fall of Western civilisation" set in an abandoned library), while LM was also watching a programme about maps.

Some time spent moving boxes about in the garage in an attempt to find more stuff to get rid of.

Found a box of EXE mag & Program Now which will meet the recycling on Thursday Friday morning. Stone me some of those boxes of mags are heavy.

Found rather a lot of databooks too but "they might come in handy one day" . As fecking if. Lots of Z80 stuff and RF engineering stuff, none of which will be looked at ever again.

Found the Roger Zelazny Amber collection which will come up to the house along with the Deighton books, the Asimov books, the Simak books. The Bond books will meet the Oxfam since I'm unlikely to read those again.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO. The thing about stealing stuff from the BM.

Veronica Mars S2 E18 "I am God". .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:57.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    morning all
    Currently CBS, so we’re about to go out for a walk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture was Let It Be (1970), the newly-restored Beatles film. Not a premiere as I saw it when it was on the telly, either at Christmas 1975 or August 1976. It's better than I remembered, probably because I'm a bit more interested in, or indeed aware of, the creative process than I was at age 13

However, being under ninety minutes long and having to include complete takes of the various studio songs and the ones from the rooftop concert, it wasn't able to show as much of that process as we could see in Get Back - so I rewatched the first part of that too

One thing from Let It Be that pleased me, though: I was sure I'd heard a version of the title song that included the line "There will be no sorrow" in the final verse, yet every version I've heard since doesn't have that line. And there it was - in the complete take included in the film, that's the line. I know there were four or five complete takes that have been used on different albums and compilations over the years, but for whatever reason it seems that one doesn't get used, maybe because of that change. I'd got to the point in recent years of wondering if I'd imagined it, so it's nice to know it was real all the time

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It was a lovely sunny day down in that there Sussex, a bit breezy but nice and warm still.

On the journey home there was a brief, but intense, shower on the M25 whilst driving towards blue sky.

HMWBO's flight has been delayed and he'll be arriving a good 90 mins, maybe 2 hours, later than originally planned.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a roast lamb dinner. Been a while since I had that

There was a bit more rain, but no light show or sound effects

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I spoke too soon! Sudden downpour, and one (1) lightning/thunder combo

All over now, and starting to brighten up again - unless it's just lulling me into a false sense of security

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mundane laundry is on

Getting warnings of lightning strikes some miles away, but nothing's going on here, and the lightning map suggests it's all passing us by. Quite sunny out, actually

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Leftover onion bhaji and meat samosa for lunch

The bhajis from that place are good, but not as truly excellent as the ones from the place round the corner

Autocorrect keeps turning "bhajis" to "hajis". They're nice, but not worth going on a pilgrimage over

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Low water pressure earlier, so off to Severn Trent's website to see what gives. They insisted that there was nothing going on hereabouts, despite their map showing a leak just round the corner, so I reported it as a new fault. Now they've updated their "Incidents" page with the admission that they're doing some work in the area, but hadn't realised it would affect anybody

Leave a comment:

Working...
X