• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was S1E1 of Cold Case Investigators: Solving Britain’s Sex Crimes on iPlayer

And later, I read some more of Atomic Accidents

Wonder if my lustre will have returned tomorrow?

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been pork cutlet with chips and beans

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I was supposed to be in the office today but I couldn't be bothered to go in, on account of having a rather rubbish sleep. Awoken by noise outside (sounded like van doors slamming) at an unknown hour and then by a coughing fit shortly after 5am, followed by insufficient dozing.
    Despite having had a reasonable night's sleep, I also felt extremely lacklustre today; indeed, although I'm no stranger to that feeling on a Monday morning, my extreme lack of lustre surprised even myself. Maybe it was something in the air today?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    got called two weeks ago, and tempted out of retirement (again) for an 'urgent' project.
    I quoted a serious day rate (accepted immediately - bugger!*) and attended one conf call.
    project has a completion date, but as yet, i have no proposed start date.
    feckin eejits.
    ho hum

*too easy, should've added £100 or so

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a bacon bap (wholemeal)

Turned rather sunny and Simpsonesque out now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Sunny, wispy fluff, a bit of a breeze. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer just about squeaked up to 1016 mBar.

I was supposed to be in the office today but I couldn't be bothered to go in, on account of having a rather rubbish sleep. Awoken by noise outside (sounded like van doors slamming) at an unknown hour and then by a coughing fit shortly after 5am, followed by insufficient dozing.

Bravo!
    Ahh! - the old cardiorenalapathy playing up again?

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Good Morning Happy Campers!

well. thats the cheerfulness done for another week

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, wispy fluff, a bit of a breeze. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 21 expected. Barometer just about squeaked up to 1016 mBar.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Remembered to make the bed, so that's one less potential calamity to worry about
    Bravo!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 18.5 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 17.5 deg in the leanto.

1010 mBar, 29.8253 in Hg, 757.56 Torr, 14.6488 psi, (down from 1010 and a tad last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 30th of September 2019 WTFH took the dog for a walk, NF admired the stitching in the photographs of WTFH's wound, it was dry before it the monsoon returned, and the Gnoll Brook had overflowed once again as is its wont, reminding us exactly why Water Street is so called, I'd been tidying graves & had decided that Something Must BE Done about them, needless to say, 4 years on, Nothing Has Been Done.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the unbearable heat.

Five lawns mown in the even more unbearable heat: either some dirt came out of the petrol can or the petrol is too stale coz the mower engine is hunting. Which will have to wait until I can be arsed to have a look at it.

Washing washed and pegged out on the line.

Knackered now.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: TWATO followed by Gordon Corera waffling on about the wonders of China and the CCP.

Veronica Mars S2 13 "Ain't no magic mountain high enough".

Cleaned a cupboard but left the little spider alone in case it likes eating moths.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 15:22.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all a bit chilly in the Balearics right now, maybe that’s cause I’m wearing shorts.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Overcast start, though not particularly ominous. Still mild at 11°C with a target of 19°, and the barometers are steady at 1004/1012mB. Looks like there's some rain expected midweek, but not today

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The US border mob were annoying people for no good reason earlier, but I didn't pay a lot of attention. The farcical nature of so much of what they do was well brought out by the way they gave close scrutiny to a couple of guys who run a legal cannabis farm in Washington state, who were returning from British Columbia with a sifting machine that is also legal in that jurisdiction. Their reasoning, to use the term loosely, was that although this stuff was legal on both sides of the border, it potentially wasn't on the actual border itself, though in the end they decided that a clean, brand new agricultural machine was actually OK there too

Meanwhile, I got some work done on the business of implementing parametric curves and surfaces of revolution in Swift, which was fun because I was able to get a very efficient implementation working using some aspects of the language I haven't worked with much before

And this evening, a couple of old episodes of 24 Hours in A&E

Monday again tomorrow. At least the next one will be a Bank Holiday

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Remembered to make the bed, so that's one less potential calamity to worry about

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ribs and chips for tea

Accompanied by some Big Jet TV, observing takeoffs from 09R

Leave a comment:

Working...
X