• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Been raining a bit here too.

Tea has been twirly pasta and bol. Made a nice change

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    A very short, unscheduled and unforecast, shower has showered.

Apparently unforecast isn't a word but I don't care.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Lady who hosts bookreading club wasn't answering her door today and none of us had her phone number on our mobiles so had to call off me walk and go home to call her. We were worried she might have collapsed like Loony lady 2. Fortunately she had just emailed us all the wrong day and was in London.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Eh. Just got Wordle in 2 geusses again. Nice to be lucky at summit I suppose.
    Thanks for reminding me, I've not done Globle or Nerdle yet today

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: ham toasties

It continues very grey though there hasn't been any more rain, apart from a brief spot of sub-drizzle early on

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Cloudy. Damp. There was rain overnight and more this morning. No further rain forecast for the foreseeable. Cooler today at 22 degrees with a high of 24 although it still feels humid. Barometer up a little to 1012 mBar.

Hopefully there was little rain down in Sussex and the gardener will actually turn up tomorrow at Mum's.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Eh. Just got Wordle in 2 geusses again. Nice to be lucky at summit I suppose.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast but dry out. Walk was quite pleasant.

The person who owns the field behind us has been putting up new fencing, but managed to trash about 10 metres of our hedge as they prepared to put the stock fence in. Not particularly happy, but they have cleared and levelled a piece about 50-80cm wide along the back. It's an excellent place for us to put in a more robust fence on our side, but wasn't an expense I was planning to have this month.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Odd. Could barely hear some recordings on a voice recorder on my PC and Youtube music was playing low and distorted. Spent about 20 mins looking for solutions, went down to get a coffee and when I came up it was all ok. My little puppet parrot must have sorted it.
    Last edited by xoggoth; Today, 09:23.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday. ("Tu" according to the dying Lidl(tm) Big Clock).

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Cool in here at 21 deg, 22.5 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.6198 psi, (up from 1002 last night), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of November 2019 BR14 was unretired for the 2nd time that year, NF was having one of those posh French bready things with Raspberry Conserve for breakfast, and I bought a cauli in Morrisons & had beans on toast for lunch.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the wan sunshine. Warm enough to develop a sweat.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

Got a funeral tomorrow in Morriston Crem: it's a bugger to get to without a car. Ho hum.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:43.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Gloomy grey overcast out, evidence of overnight rain, and a cool breeze blowing straight in when I opened the kitchen window - looks like summer is over! It's still mild though, being 16°C with an expected high of 20°, and the barometers are up a bit to 1002/1010mB

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I too watched several episodes of Secrets of the London Underground but I've only watched up to episode 3, about South Kentish Town and the control centre.

Just had a look at my weather app to see if it's warm out or I'm just having a hot flush and saw that there's rain forecast overnight.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No further telly tonight, not even transmitted by bedbugs, but I managed to read a chapter or so of a book about Swift (the programming language, not the satirist)

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Re crawling into bed, wonder how long it will be before cameras are so tiny that perves wil be able to attach them to bedbugs?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been pork cutlet with chips and beans

That was accompanied by the latest episode of Secrets of the London Underground which was mainly about various aspects of the Victoria line

And earlier today, I got around to leaving the mattress to air, so the bed has now been remade - a process which I found sufficiently knackering that I'm about ready to crawl into it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X