• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    I'd like to go to bed. In order to do that, I need to make it.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea: the remainder of the pork belly slices in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce, with chips

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Not celebrating just yet - the chickens have yet to hatch

Looking at the various banks involved, I think I'll have to do a bit of running around, and that's assuming the sale goes through and the money is transferred to the executor account in a timely manner. The bank for that account doesn't do same-day BACS payments by phone after 1pm, so I may need to scoot down to their branch in the city centre.

And my bank doesn't do BACS payments other than in branch, so even once I get the money to my account I'll have to go to one. If I have to go to town, it's only a short walk to my bank, so I can do them both there. If I do manage to do the first by phone, there's a branch of mine nearer me, in a mainly residential area where it's easy to park, so I'll pop up there. Either way, it's a pain; the Faster Payments system allows big enough transfers in principle, but both banks impose their own limits which are too low

I did think about doing two BACS transfers from the executor account, one to me and one to the Halifax, but there's a charge for each transaction and on investigation, I've concluded that wouldn't be a legitimate use of the estate's funds. One bank transfer charge is OK; two for my personal convenience, not justified

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Just been looking at the mortgage, as in theory I'll be in a position to pay it off this time next week. I'd vaguely been thinking that it would be worth waiting to the end of the fixed term at New Year, to dodge the Early Repayment Charge. But that's only 1%, and I now realise that it would be better to pay it all off straight away as I'll save a few hundred quid compared to continuing to pay the interest for the next three months

Might buy a bottle of champagne with some of the savings

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just been looking at the mortgage, as in theory I'll be in a position to pay it off this time next week. I'd vaguely been thinking that it would be worth waiting to the end of the fixed term at New Year, to dodge the Early Repayment Charge. But that's only 1%, and I now realise that it would be better to pay it all off straight away as I'll save a few hundred quid compared to continuing to pay the interest for the next three months

Might buy a bottle of champagne with some of the savings

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Dutch smoked sausage in a white bap

Looks like it might be starting to clear up a little out there after a grey morning. No sun yet, but a patch of blue here and there - and just as I type that, the sun comes out!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright and sunny with lumps of fluff scurrying past. Not so windy at ground level though. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer down to 1025 mBar.

The bed has been stripped to air and the first load of linen is in the WM.

I don't think I've got the gig I was interviewing for yesterday. I asked a good question at the end and completely failed to capitalise on the response.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Further viewing this evening has been S1E2 of Cheers

And I did some more playing around with Dijkstra's algorithm for the maze stuff

Early night now.

Goodnight all
    'you are in a maze of twisty little passages, - all alike'

morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start and maybe even slightly foggy, judging by the slightly blurry appearance of the tops of certain large trees a little distance away. Currently 13°C, though apparently it "feels like" 10° (that figure now receives greater prominence in the updated iPhone Weather app) with an expected high of 21°. The barometers are back down a little but still relatively high at 1019/1027mB

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.85 psi, (unchanged but a tad), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of November 2019 it was raining on everyone, NF could smell downstairs back's soup which made him hungry, I was irritated by the assorted irritating denizens of the library computer room, daveB's dog didn't want to go out in the rain whereas his minions were tidying the garden making us wonder how his apple, pear, & plum trees went subsequently, and opm had a WFH day thus avoiding driving in the dark.

Entertainment: R4 "The coming storm" S2.

Shopping trip to Tesco done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away.​

Lunch: there was.

​​​​​​Shopping trip to Morrisons done dusted washed dried sanitised & put away. It was so warm I had to take my jacket off & carry it back.

Cut next door's back lawn, my front lawn, other next door's front lawn. Hacked the top off the golden privet hedge next to the salting house for no reason other than I wanted to.

Mowed some of the weeds on the path.

Tea: beans on toast with big sausages etc.

Entertainment: more "TTSS": much easier read that "TLGW", nowhere near as depressing.

Maigret in Monmartre S1 E4 (1991). Bruno Cremer.

The 1960 BBC version is on later.

​​​​​​​
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 22:02.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly in here at 16.8 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768.1 Torr, 14.85 psi, (unchanged but a tad), 74% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 14th of November 2019 it was raining on everyone, NF could smell downstairs back's soup which made him hungry, I was irritated by the assorted irritating denizens of the library computer room, daveB's dog didn't want to go out in the rain whereas his minions were tidying the garden making us wonder how his apple, pear, & plum trees went subsequently, and opm had a WFH day thus avoiding driving in the dark.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 07:49.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    morning all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Further viewing this evening has been S1E2 of Cheers

And I did some more playing around with Dijkstra's algorithm for the maze stuff

Early night now.

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X