• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• covbob
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey and overcast here. The wet stuff is descending now.

Feeling tired and fed up. Real CBA vibe today with me. My head hurts too which doesn't help.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 17.5 deg, 19.5 deg in the kitchen, 16 deg in the leanto.

1011 mBar, 29.855 in Hg, 758.3 Torr, 14.6633 psi, (up from 1007 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 70% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 6th of October 2019 the car wouldn't start & I couldn't find the old battery charger so had to use one that was approaching 60 years younger, whereas NF was Instantpotting something or other to go in the freezer, having had the luxury of a hotdog for lunch.

Entertainment: More or Less. Waffling on about lying Tory bastards.

Poor night's sleep due to lack of air through either nostril: dunno what this lurgie is but I'll be much happier when it's fecked off.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:06.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Currently trying to work out why the LG TV I am using as a monitor on my other computer has suddenly decided to only show 95% of the picture, the rest being off the screen.
    TV problem solved, switched the ratio from 16:9 to "Just Scan".

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Short walk this morning in the sunshine (5.3km)
    Currently trying to work out why the LG TV I am using as a monitor on my other computer has suddenly decided to only show 95% of the picture, the rest being off the screen.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start with patchy cloud out, though this is predicted to revert to generic cloudiness later. Relatively nippy too, being 8°C, and not getting past 14° this afternoon. The barometers are hovering at 1001/1009mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    The wind suddenly got.up and the rain came down.
    We had that this afternoon, but then it turned into a very nice evening

Lots of time spent this evening on setting up the new iPad, checking out the keyboard-with-trackpad that makes it like a little laptop, experimenting with the Apple Pencil, and so on

The evening's viewing started with yet another of C5's innumerable police things

And then E2 of the D Day tapes thing. Omaha Beach wasn't very nice at all, from the sound of it - though nowhere was at all good

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The wind suddenly got.up and the rain came down.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    First post from the new iPad Air

Tea: roast duck leg in plum sauce with chips

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I had my final check in for the flu jab trial I've been on for the past 9 months and that triggered a payment of £935. Not exactly a new career but it pays for the removal chaps.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The iPad Air has arrived!

Unfortunately, I don't even have time to open the box right now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: cajun chicken breast butty (wholemeal)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by sadkingbilly View Post

Morning (just)
    are landlines still a thing? when I moved my BT broadband the 'landline' was VOIP, so i canned it (NBG in emergency. - no power = no router = feck all comms)
    Well, yes, it is all moving over to VOIP. A lot of offers are still bundling a landline of some flavour with broadband. The new fibre connections seem to be unbundled for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied

I went with Hey!Broadband and their home worker package. I wanted something that didn't have to come bundled with a phone line.

Morning (just)
    are landlines still a thing? when I moved my BT broadband the 'landline' was VOIP, so i canned it (NBG in emergency. - no power = no router = feck all comms)

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

I went with Hey!Broadband and their home worker package. I wanted something that didn't have to come bundled with a phone line.
    Yes, I'm glad there are now services without a phone. I paid Virgin Media for a phone line that didn't work for years. Sky Business added insult to injury as the phone line they insisted on turned out not to even be a proper phone line - it's a VOIP thing that plugs into the router, hogging a port. Due to a shortage of power sockets in the relevant spot, it's never even been connected

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    A meeting overran and there wasn't much time to do anything before the next one, so I bought myself a new iPad Air just for something to do. Delivery tomorrow
    The iPad is apparently going to spend much of the day wandering the land, as it left the depot at 9:15 but won't be here until after 16:00

During standup my phone rang with a number I didn't recognise, so naturally I ignored it. Afterwards I Googled the number, and it was from a small hairdressing salon near the seafront in Swanage, a place I've never been

Leave a comment:

Working...
X