• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

That's on my list of things to watch
    I'd forgotten how good the tunes were in it! Might have to look up the soundtrack.

Edit: oh and For the zen

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This evening's entertainment is From Dusk Till Dawn (1996). An old classic when George Clooney was barely out of nappies and had yet to discover the delights of Nespresso. What I like is that it starts out as one type of film and turns into something completely different. Very confusing should you happen to fall asleep in the middle
    That's on my list of things to watch

No takeaway tonight as I ate so much this afternoon, including lots of my sister's homemade cakes

So tea has just been a cold chicken leg with a bag of plain crisps

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    This evening's entertainment is From Dusk Till Dawn (1996). An old classic when George Clooney was barely out of nappies and had yet to discover the delights of Nespresso. What I like is that it starts out as one type of film and turns into something completely different. Very confusing should you happen to fall asleep in the middle

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Mention of I, Claudius reminded me that I read the other day that someone has re-edited Caligula, using the original film left on the cutting room floor. I think the Grauniad reported on it as it was aired at Cannes and is heading to select cinemas this month.
    I heard about that - I think there was something on the BFI site about it… yes, here it is: 10 great censored films | BFI

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Home again, after an enjoyable afternoon mingling with extended family and eating too much

I also brought back possibly the final bits for me from the parental home, the only bulky item being a sewing machine. There's a couple of bears I had as a kid, which were handed down to me by my big sister, but she doesn't remember them so I've given them refuge here among the apes

In addition, a variety of other bits and pieces - largely stuff relating to 1960s Liverpool from a cursory glance

But one thing I'd been wondering about has turned up: a model Ford Anglia (Corgi or the like) mounted on a wooden base, with my Dad's name above the inscription "The first Ford made on Merseyside, 8th March 1963" which was given to him when he was among the honoured guests on the occasion of the opening of Ford's Halewood plant. I assume he was invited because of his work as a journalist and editor with the Liverpool Daily Post. I was pretty sure he still had it somewhere, but hadn't seen it for a while. I'm very pleased to have that

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Mention of I, Claudius reminded me that I read the other day that someone has re-edited Caligula, using the original film left on the cutting room floor. I think the Grauniad reported on it as it was aired at Cannes and is heading to select cinemas this month.

A thorough sweep up of the floor has been done. As there is no carpet, I don't need to get the vacuum out (might put it in storage). I ought to run a mop around as sweeping doesn't get all the dust but that's a step too far today.

The cloud keeps coming and going. Currently it's quite dull out but about 20 mins ago it was glorious sunshine.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet with that very fine drizzle again.

Cool in here at 20.4 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.68 Torr, 14.67 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of October 2019 NF had a mundane haircut after watching the first ep of "I Claudius", Brillo nearly got offed by some inconsiderate driver turning left in front of him while he was on his bike, WTFH took the dog(tw) for a walk, and the flatulent one was present in the library computer room so I left for a trip to that Swansea.
    How many times today, I wonder?

Further to "Saving Private Ryan":

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niland_brothers

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:34.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with lumps of fluff. A nice breeze. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 24 expected. Cloud set to dissipate further as the day progresses. Barometer up to 1017 mBar.

Popped over the road to the farmers' market. A new (to me) stall has appeared, selling game produce. Turns out they're there every weekend but had been on holiday since pretty much when I moved in. Lots of venison and boar but also hare, which makes a change. The Carribbean sauce lady was back so HWMBO got me to pick up a load for him to take home after his next visit. Also picked up a tray of pullett eggs.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

It's cloudy with a light breeze out there today. Warm enough at 18°C though, rising to 24° this afternoon. The barometers are up again at 1006/1013

Monkey Life has been moved earlier today, apparently because of some football thing in the afternoon. I certainly didn't ask for that

Having had croissants with strawberry jam for breakfast, I need to start getting ready to head to the BBQ soon

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet with that very fine drizzle again.

Cool in here at 20.4 deg, 22 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1011.5 mBar, 29.869 in Hg, 758.68 Torr, 14.67 psi, (unchanged), 75% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of October 2019 NF had a mundane haircut after watching the first ep of "I Claudius", Brillo nearly got offed by some inconsiderate driver turning left in front of him while he was on his bike, WTFH took the dog(tw) for a walk, and the flatulent one was present in the library computer room so I left for a trip to that Swansea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:10.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture wasn't a premiere, but it's a few years since I watched it: Saving Private Ryan (1998). I still don't think it's the best war film ever, but the action sequences are exceptional

Early night now due to BBQ journey tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a Sainsbury's special offer from last week, being assorted barbecue beef bits: short ribs, brisket, and burnt ends. Nice enough with chips, though those generic BBQ sauces all seem much of a muchness to me

It said it served four so I assumed it would serve two, as in one now with one portion left over, but maybe "serves three" is nearer the mark. Plenty to go in the fridge, at any rate

And it was accompanied by Trucking Hell

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch was a bacon and egg sandwich.

Following NF's discovery of a 7th rasher I thought I'd check to see how many were left in the packet bought from the farmers' market. I too had 7 rashers! Only three left now which will make for a well stacked sandwich.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another week done, so let the weekend commence!

I'm heading south for a BBQ tomorrow, with my siblings and also our cousins from our father's side

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    After me morning walky went to a local pub and sat in garden gnoshing a cheese toasty. Very fat topless bloke sitting nearby with jeans way down showing me his bum crack. Why is it always blokes who do that??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X