• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Cumuli are lingering a bit, so it's sunny spells rather than full-on sunny. Still made it to 20°C out there though, with 23.6° within

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Just started "I don't like Mondays" which looks interesting.. documentary / dramatised. Seems its all her fathers fault (according to the mother)
    Nonsense. It's the telex machine cleaner wot is to blame.

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool. 19.5 deg in here.

1010 mBar, 29.83 in Hg, 65% RH.

Tuesday.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked.

Now for some more massacre of the brambles/roses/anything else I can massacre.

Roses massacred.

Lawn strimmed a bit more now the rose isn't taking over.

Some weeding done.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Car SOS: Peugeot 504 Cabriolet. K reg. 1972.

French rust looks much like Italian rust.

In other news, there's a Randolph Scott film I haven't seen on this afternoon "Return of the Bad Men (1948)" with Robert Ryan.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 12:42.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

It's dull and overcast. No precipitation at present so the bins were quickly trundled. Currently 14 degrees with a high of 20 expected later. It's supposed to only be partly cloudy until early evening when the rain is due to return. Barometer steady at 1010 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Harvard University win the first Boat Race against Yale University 1852

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Imminently sunny out today once the high cloud clears a bit; 12°C at the moment but could reach a whole 21° later, no rain foreseen (though they said that yesterday) and barometers a sliver down at 1006/1014mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oops, looks like I failed to hit the button to post this last night, so here it is

Telly was a new episode of Police Interceptors

All well and good, but it's no Trucking Hell

But most of the evening was spent reading Gordon Corera's book Russians Among Us, about the Soviet and, later, Russian illegals programme (as seen in The Americans), covering (among other things) the history of such agents and the FBI's operation that culminated in the arrest and exchange of a bunch of them in 2010. Very good reading so far

Time for bed now though, so I can get a head start on those data visualisations tomorrow

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    does seem the lawyers are earning their buck regardless of how dangerous she is.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    she can drive a forklift

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    she has marketable skills...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    hardly any recall...

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    the rifle is technically impressive, the expert fires it with his finger tips.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    seems both parents were a bit tulip..

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    well the garden bin men came only 5 days late..

Just watched Guard of Auswitch - sadly too predictable.

Just started "I don't like Mondays" which looks interesting.. documentary / dramatised. Seems its all her fathers fault (according to the mother)

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I was meant to trundle the recycling but it's raining so I will leave it to the morning. It's supposed to be dry by then.

I had to shut a window or two because the heating on I think I may reopen the living room one a bit though.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ribs and chips for tea, just for a change

I've got a bunch of uncooked ribs in the freezer, thanks to Sainsbury's short dates on last week's delivery. Might do them with my fancy mango sauce later in the week

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It continues grey out, though not as dark as earlier and the rain cleared off several hours ago. So quite OK conditions for a walk

I had a moderately productive day in parts; I solved a couple of niggling problems, but I was a bit lacking in enthusiasm. But the product manager has to give a demo to The Stakeholders on Wednesday afternoon which may be the decider concerning a September extension, so we need to get some good-looking stuff done tomorrow and Wednesday morning

Leave a comment:

Working...
X