• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    The gas engineers over the road started up around 7am this morning, mainly sounded like getting equipment in place. Then went off for a couple of hours' tea break, came back and did a bit for an hour and are now getting started again.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Bright and sunny, barely a wisp in the sky. Currently 6 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 8 forecast. Barometer is up to 1042 mBar.

Kurios at the Royal Albert Hall yesterday was very entertaining. I never know what's going on in a typical Cirque du Soliel performance but they are genuine "switch off and enjoy the spectacle" events.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was For a Few Dollars More (1965) though I'm not sure how I've managed to never see it before over all these years. Anyway, it's a good spaghetti western
    My favourite of the three: it was the first one I saw in the cinema in those long ago days.

Morning.

Sunday.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Dry.

Colder in here at 11.7 deg, 11.5 deg in the kitchen, 8 deg in the leanto.

Windows covered in condensation upstairs. The leanto roof is dripping.

1044 mBar 30.829 in Hg 783.06 Torr 15.1419 psi (up from 1038 last night ), 69% RH (GDR hair), 67% (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 23rd of April 2019 Countdown was Counting Down apparently.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 10:48.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Blue skies and sunshine out there.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Goodnight all
    Night Nick!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was For a Few Dollars More (1965) though I'm not sure how I've managed to never see it before over all these years. Anyway, it's a good spaghetti western

Ad then a rewatch of Elysium (2013) for some cracking psychopathic Afrikaner action

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    As chance of a good night’s sleep tends to zero, TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tried phoning the Chinese, only to get the "We're busy, try again later" message

I waited about a minute then gave them another try, figuring otherwise I'd go to the chip shop - and got through! Finally!

So my order will be ready for collection in about thirty minutes
    And very nice too

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tried phoning the Chinese, only to get the "We're busy, try again later" message

I waited about a minute then gave them another try, figuring otherwise I'd go to the chip shop - and got through! Finally!

So my order will be ready for collection in about thirty minutes

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Afternoon.

Just went into the garden to look at some plants.

One potted osteospermum is dead on one side but alive on the side nearest the wall. The rest are dead with the longest lasting about 8 years.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: a corned beef cob with a bag of plain crisps

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied

That being the last time I went out on my birthday, given that everything was locked down the following year and I haven't really felt the need in subsequent years
    2019 was the last time I "celebrated" mine.

The present of an anthurium lasted until the big freeze a few weeks ago.

It's dead now.

Meanwhile on the 23rd of April 2019 NF had a fish finger sarnie rather than a kebab or tin of soup. Apparently it was nice. .

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Meanwhile in the halcyon days of the 22nd of April 2019 I watched "Ill met by moonlight" while NF went to the pub, avoided the folk singers in the front bar, and avoided the "homeless" outside the fried chicken joint on the way home.
    That being the last time I went out on my birthday, given that everything was locked down the following year and I haven't really felt the need in subsequent years

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Yet again, it's a grey but mild day: 9°C going on 10°, no precipitation expected, the barometers are well up at 1025/1033mB, and whatever breeze there may be is leaving the conifers largely unshimmied

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

It was a bit dull and cloudy earlier but it seems to have brightened up since. Currently 9 degrees and that's the high for the day. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1035 mBar.

Gas works started about 7.30 am outside with the road being dug up. They then stopped for tea break around 9 am and have recently restarted.

Off to see Cirque du Soliel this afternoon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X