• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's telly was an episode of Police Interceptors for a change

Another early night now. It's sprint planning tomorrow. Can't wait

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been late due to disorganisation, but was very nice indeed once I finally got it all together: roast beef dinner, exceedingly tasty

It was all going quite well until I took the joint out to rest, at which point I remembered I was out of Yorkshire puds, mainly because there isn't room for them in the freezer at the moment

So I thought, why not try making my own. This is one of those culinary arts I've only rarely tried, but I hoiked out my phone, Googled a recipe, mentally adjusted the quantities, and in the end judged it pretty much by eye. And you know what? They came out really nice; two big ones for want of the appropriate-sized tin for small ones, and twice as much as needed because of getting the quantities wrong, but I'll squeeze the spare one into the freezer somehow. I must make my own more often, because I was impressed at how nice it tasted

But obviously having to do all that delayed things a bit. Still, it meant the joint had plenty of time to rest.

The beef was very thinly sliced on the electric slicer and there's loads left for sandwiches; looks like I'll be living off alternate lunches of roast beef and roast pork sarnies for the foreseeable future

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Ents is watching Mock the Week being live recorded to be aired later this week. I'm one of the zoom trolls too ugly to be selected for being shown on TV
    It was very entertaining indeed. Three hours to record a half hour show. Much will be left on the cutting room floor.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Cooked a chilli con carne tonight (Hairy Bikers' recipe). Very good. Strangely Mrs NAT complain it was too hot - she normally can handle far more spice than me. It didn't stop her having a second helping.

Watched Louis Theroux on Joe Exotic. I managed to get through two episodes of Tiger King before giving up, disgusted with the way the producers were so obviously making a narrative (I've an allergy to conspiracy theories). Louis' documentary on the other hand is very worth watching - still, watch out for the narrative setting!

...and so to bed.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I ordered a book off Amazon at 10:55 this morning. Just got a text telling me it's been delivered to the Locker

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

Very pleasant out, and definitely no need for the warm coat

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Ents is watching Mock the Week being live recorded to be aired later this week. I'm one of the zoom trolls too ugly to be selected for being shown on TV

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Weighing up whether to wear the warm coat for my walk. Apparently it's 15°C with a "feels like" of 14°, so I don't think it will be necessary

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    The sun has come out again and it's back to the blue sky and fluffy clouds we had this morning

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It came over all dark, there was a rumble or two, then much rain. It was all over in about 15 mins tops.
    We just had our sprint retrospective and the people down in London were moaning about the weather. Turns out the designer is up in Manchester; he and I were both able to smugly inform them that it's lovely and sunny where we are, and one of the other contract devs though it was quite nice where he lives in Basingstoke too

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It came over all dark, there was a rumble or two, then much rain. It was all over in about 15 mins tops.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I thought today was going to be quite quiet, but instead it's been really busy

Anyway, most importantly: lunch was bacon and sausages in white finger rolls

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's stayed dryer than the forecast had me believe this morning although the expectation of thunderstorms is imminent.

The late arrival of the refuse engineers has meant that the waste from all the parcels delivered today could be added to the pile on the pavement and not clutter up the place until Thursday evening/Friday morning.

Lunch was the remains of the Heinz Tomato soup, this time with two slices of toasted and buttered wholemeal bread.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dark grey verging on black.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Dreadful.

Damp verging on murrain of beasts.

Sunless.

18 deg in here.

1011 mBar, 29.85 in Hg, 58% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked whilst the deluge is on pause.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, bramble jelly on Morrisons oat & barley bread, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment in the ennui of retirement: "The Caine Mutiny (1954)" with that Humphrey Bogart chap.

Trucking Hell wherein Rory appears.

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "Discovering Yule Brynner" on Sky Arts.

"The Bodyguard (1992)" with that Kevin Costner chap & the late Whitney Houston.

Amusing enough, and it gets rid of a dupe dvd to boot.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:50.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Morning. Showers and sun.

Temperature 9.1 °C
    Relative humidity 89%
    Pressure 981 hPa

Rose early. Worked for an hour. Went to the gym. Feels good.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X