• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lots of verging on this morning

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Clear blue sky.

Colder at 15.8 deg in here this morning.

1032 mBar, 30.47 in Hg, 53% RH.

Walk walked.

During which the identity of the novel construction in the disused car park was revealed: 'tis a bat roost.

I'd give it 6 months before it's vandalised beyond repair.

The local nutter was walking down the hill talking to his voices about the son of satan and similar jollities.

I was rescued by meeting a lady who was walking up the hill so I talked with her for half an hour whilst the nutter went on his psychotic way.

I suspect he's off his meds.

Then passed another nutter talking to himself whilst carrying what appeared to be the contents of his house on his back in a rucksack.

It's all go in Neath today.

Pollen count seems high or these Tesco antihistamines have stopped working.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Beautiful morning out there. Clear blue sky, 6 degrees (was 5 a mere ten minutes ago) with a high of 9. Sadly, cloud cover will take over as the day progresses and it's likely to rain late afternoon / early evening. Barometer up a smidge to 1032 mBar.

A brisk walk was had around the block to the post box before I got too settled. Remembered when I got back that I should have posted a birthday card too so I'll be going out again soon. Coffee first!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Paris cathedral 'Notre Dame' catches fire, toppling its spire and destroying its roof 2019

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start to the day, though a bit on the chilly side still, with some frost lingering on the usual roofs out the back. But it's gone up from 0°C to 2° in the last half-hour, on its way to a possible 10°; 1025/1033mB

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Went to see friends who have just had a miscarriage, not quite sure what you can say. The little tragedies are still there.

Then on to a couple who are getting a divorce now the kids are grown up we are cat sitting during the move. Our rather mature cat is going to get locked in the primary bedroom and spoilt.

Dinner was toad in the hole with leeks & mini corn. Followed with creamy brie and a nice red.
    Last edited by vetran; Today, 06:56.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Turned the telly off and did some reading after dinner, starting in on When Money Dies, about the hyperinflation of the Weimar Republic

Early night now; this work stuff doesn't half take it out of you

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been gammon, chips, fried eggs and beans, and was utterly delicious

And while eating it, I came to the end of Trucking Hell season 3, meaning no more left

Luckily, having started with an episode in season 2, I still have season 1 left to watch

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Watched an episode of Timeshift looking at the myth of Mods vs Rockers kicking off over bank holiday weekends. Good to hear a clip of Tobacco Road being played, which may result in a 50p royalty check going to my uncle.

Now watching the delayed MasterChef final. Pleased to see Great British Sewing Bee returns this evening.
    Last edited by ladymuck; Today, 07:45. Reason: bloomin' autocorrect on my phone...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Spent the day sorting out null pointer exception errors.

A beef burger for dinner. Really high qaulity beef. Only spoiled by spousal row. My fault of course. All good now. We were considering watching Bambi, but wifey wants to watch the Repair Shop in an hour.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Right, that's me done with government work for the day

Been a bit of a yak-shaving day, but it felt quite productive which is good enough

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I had a toasted (sliced white bread) bacon sandwich, with cucumber and bbq sauce. This evening Mrs NAT decided we'd have burgers instead. So I'll toddle off into the cold to the supermarket in a bit and get some bap and lettuce.

I'd love a hot cross bun. Can't get them here, so I guess I'll just have to make some.Or better - get my daughter to make some.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Lunch is some toasted hot cross buns with lashings of butter.

I should go out for a walk, it's nice enough out.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No lunchtime walk today as I've actually been quite engrossed in what I'm working on. But not so engrossed as to miss lunch: pâté on sesame bloomer toast

And I'd forgotten I'd bought some caramel eclairs, so they'll Need to be Eaten™ soon

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Warmer at 16.3 deg in here this morning.

1031 mBar, 30.44 in Hg, 53% RH.

Wednesday, or so I'm given to understand.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, during which it turned out I was wearing a layer too many.

<hiatus>

Raining.

Lunch: Poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and spelt toast (crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Sun's out again.

<hiatus>

Minor potching done arranging the railway mags for recycling.

Entertainment: "The House on Telegraph Hill (1951)": noirish in its way, inneresting enough.

Tea: lamb's liver and bacon with onion gravy, some tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Police Interceptors that I've seen before.

Director's commentary on "Escape from New York (1981)" plus the extras on same that shows the bank robbery.

"Detonators" on DMAX which is all about demolishing stuff.

Showed a chap cutting a shaped charge with a hacksaw.

I now know how to demolish a crane in Liverpool and bridge towers in septicland.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:31.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny, dry, blue sky with lumps of fluff. Currently 8 degrees with a high of 11 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer steady at 1031 mBar.

Slept well, so the early night was a good thing, but still sneezing and full of ick. Considering I've managed to pick up a cold despite avoiding everyone and everything as best as I can, I wonder why I've not picked up the more virulent lurgy that we're all worried about? That way lies conspiracy doom...

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The first 'National Gardening Day' is observed 2018

Leave a comment:

Working...
X