• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's motion picture premiere has been Shock and Awe (2017), about the very few American journalists who saw through the Bush administration's lies about WMD in Iraq. It's pretty good, though maybe not on the level of Spotlight and The Post

"Early" night now, just for a change

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

What? Is Diver coming back?

Just askin' like.
    DS23 could do it in an evening

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

next week then!
    What? Is Diver coming back?

Just askin' like.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    345678 next sequence is only 111,111 posts away

next week then!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    Very nice, though sadly they've taken the crispy aromatic lamb off the menu so I had to have the duck instead

There were two other in-person customers. Neither was masked

And nor was the new delivery driver - presumably a part-time one, as the notice in the window seeking such is gone.

Also gone: the fish

The tank is still there, emptied even of its gravel. I hope they've gone to a good home; maybe Janet has finally retired completely and taken them with her.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In the Chinese

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Watching SCD.

Yes I'm a sheeple...

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Late lunch of Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post

Actually saw Primer and the more times you watch it the more sense it makes. Definitely worth a watch,
    Yes, it's interesting premise

Very clearly an indie production too; the credits starting with "Writer, Producer, Director: {name of the lead actor}" is always a giveaway

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

Grey but mild day, as befits the last weekend of summer. Currently 22°C, barometers much the same at 1005/1013mB

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Is it that time already? My word!

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was one of those time travelling things that leaves you pretty sure you'll have to watch it another two or three times to be remotely certain you've worked out what's going on before you can even start working out what it's about, and none the worse for that: Primer (2004). I'll let you know what I thought of it two weeks ago last Tuesday, when you get there

And then a rewatch of Beverly Hills Cop (1984) and Beverly Hills Cop II (1987). The first: very good. The second: not very good. Watching them back to back, one wonders how Eddie Murphy managed to lower his standards of what lines he'd utter in what contexts so far between the two films, given that he presumably had more clout and creative control over the second. But Hollywood can be a weird beast

Finally, about time I got back to The Americans: S5E9 IHOP (TV Episode 2017) and S5E10 Darkroom (TV Episode 2017)

Goodnight all
    Actually saw Primer and the more times you watch it the more sense it makes. Definitely worth a watch,

Leave a comment:

Working...
X