• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been a Sainsbury's TTD steak and caramelised onion burger in a sesame bun with ketchup (because I forgot to get any relish), and fries on the side. Extremely nice burger, thick and juicy and flavoursome

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Oh, and the recycling bin was trundled forth as I was on my way out for the walk. There were a few single spots of rain during the walk, then something approximating more to a shower during the motorway journey, though it kept fizzling out as soon as I put the wipers on

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Busy evening so far. How on earth do employees live like this for years at a time?

First off, the walk was briskly walked and the green ring closed

Returning from that, I didn't even take my shoes off, but grabbed the shopping bags and went out to the car. Jump started it with the little battery pack as last week's minimal lunchtime charge hadn't lasted, and upped the pressure on the iffy rear tyre, then off to the M69 to give it a chance to charge properly. I went down to the A5 junction rather than just the first one, then back again, and so to Sainsbury's. Shopping all done (except whatever I've forgotten), and so home, and everything put away. I'm glad I thought to get something easy to make for tea, as I wouldn't want to have to faff around loads in the kitchen now

Speaking of which, I got a Big Chicken but it's dated Saturday. I daresay it'll last till Sunday for a roast dinner though; or maybe I'll have it tomorrow night, or maybe I'll even skip the Saturday takeaway. We shall see

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    It's cocktail hour here in Glasgow. HWMBO has laid out antipasti for a starter and is cooking squid ink pasta with scallops and lobster for main when kids activities are all done with.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The "I said we shouldn't do it that way" thing from last week is finally done and dusted and merged into the main branch

So that's me done for the day

Our civil servant developer has left the team; she's on holiday for a week or so, then going back to a team she used to work with. So it's just me and the other contractor now

It's a shame to lose her as she's really, really good. Also, she knows all the procedures and hoops that have to be jumped through to get things done, so we'll have to work all that crap out for ourselves now

Meantime, the bedding wash has been completed and is draped over the clotheshorse; almost dry too, thanks to the warmth of the day

Going to Sainsbury's in a bit, when the traffic's calmed down, so I don't have to do it tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Feeling quite close here now. Chance of showers this evening, apparently. But while it remains rather warm, I'm going to stick a bedding wash on

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

White sky with blue bits.

Sunless.

21.6 deg in here.

1008 mBar, 29.76 in Hg, 68% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling and waste disposal engineers did their thing for real this morning, rather than in a dream.

Managed not to get up at 06:00 this morning which was good.

Filled the bird feeders.

Walk walked (abbreviated).

The Back complained all the way there & all the way back, with the knee chipping in in case it felt lonely.

In other news, there's some sort of precipitation but so light as to be almost unnoticeable.

Wanly sunny.

Close.

23 deg in here now. :

Lunch: Heinz potato and leek soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 11:37.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

It's dry and bright with blue sky poking through the big blobs of fluff. Some of the blobs of fluff look a bit grey. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 17 later. Low chance of rain. They do get long days this far north: dawn was at 0329 and sunset will be at 2308. It's not even summer solstice yet!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    World electric speed record is broken by 'Jaguar Vector V20E' in a battery-powered boat, 88.61 mph at Coniston Water in the Lake District 2018

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start, but we don't seem to have had much more than a bit of drizzle overnight. There's a 50% chance of rain this afternoon. Currently 15°C with a predicted high of 19°, barometers slightly down at 1002/1010mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bit more drizzle, and expected to become a bit more persistent. But it doesn't seem as if we'll have a decent storm

TV has been a bit of Traffic Cops.

Now for that almost-early night

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Really nice tea: lamb chops, chips, peas and gravy

There's been a brief bit of drizzle here, though it's stopped again for now

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Feeling extremely tired tonight

It's probably the scuttling around first thing to ensure everything was in order for the gasman, followed by a pretty hectic day's work. Definitely getting an early night, I reckon

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed, thereby completing the set <- Lot of that, as it's 26°C out there.

The rain is arriving on the south coast right now, if the rainfall radar is to be believed, so plants aplenty should be having a bit of a drink tonight

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There seems to be some kind of sports day thing going on nearby with occasional announcements that I can't quite make out

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It would be rude not to drivel a little bit, all things considered
    It would, wouldn't it...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X