• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Oddly enough, Bedford postcodes are all MK.
    Yes, I thought that was odd when we moved there in 1971 - Milton Keynes had barely even been started by then, still consisting mostly of a bunch of villages and a few very small towns

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    It's entirely their fault though. I'd expect a Bedford firm to have a Bedford phone number, and this had an area code which turns out to be Milton Keynes, where their head office is located. Businesses need to realise that for those of a certain age, geography is an important aspect of telephony
    Oddly enough, Bedford postcodes are all MK.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

TFIF, etc.
    5C at 6am, but I suspect there was ground frost on one of the grassy paths we walked along.
    CBS, etc.
    If it stays dry, I might even get the grass cut this evening.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Phone call from a number my phone didn't recognise. Naturally I Googled it as it rang rather than answering. Turns out it's the solicitors, probably wanting to confirm the details of the bank account to which they should send the money, but it'd rung out by the time I found that out

Oh well, they'll probably ring back

It's entirely their fault though. I'd expect a Bedford firm to have a Bedford phone number, and this had an area code which turns out to be Milton Keynes, where their head office is located. Businesses need to realise that for those of a certain age, geography is an important aspect of telephony

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start out, though it continues to get cooler: only 8°C now, maybe getting to 15° later. The barometers are up though: 1016/1024mB is the highest they've been for a while

I had a good night's sleep and woke feeling quite refreshed rather than seriously diseased, which made a nice change

Still feel somewhat run down though, so it's a shame I need to do physical stuff involving boxes and furniture. I may pop south and see what I can fit in the car today, as I suspect I'll need two trips, though I might get away with one depending on how it all fits, what can be squeezed into gaps in other things, what can be taken to bits first, and so on

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Sunny. .

Blue sky.

Dry.

Chilly in here at 15.2 deg, 15 deg in the kitchen, 12 deg in the leanto.

1024 mBar, 30.238 in Hg, 768 Torr, 14.851 psi, (up from 1019 last night), 69% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 12th of November 2019 I'd been to Morrisons to buy some stuff only to forget what I wanted. Apparently it was cheese.

The right arm has now reached the stage where it needs the assistance of the left in order for me to drink my tea. Should I worry? .
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:21.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Another old Traffic Cops was watched

Despite this, it looks like I won't get all the way through S6 before it disappears from My5 tomorrow

Bedtime now as I'm absolutely knackered. But I don't feel particularly unwell, just deeply tired; for which much thanks

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been that Turkish chicken, potato and tomato tray bake thing. Very nice, but it didn't seem quite the same as last time, though I'd hewed more closely to the recipe. As I recall I added sumac last time, so maybe that's what makes all the difference

We had some torrential rain between about five and six, followed by some less extroverted showers. But we got a nice rainbow for a while by way of a bonus

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Despite the forecast, a smattering of rain fell. Now there is more on the forecast for this evening.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Sainsbury's has been gone to, so I am now OK for food again

I usually am, but I'd been deliberately running down stocks on the basis that I'd have plenty of time to go shopping and cook stuff once I was on holiday, with vague plans to try a number of new recipes. Being too ill to do so until now meant that I've been left eating mostly the same old stuff in dwindling supply

Anyway, I got the latest Viz which was the most important thing

And on the way, I stopped off at the self storage place. My previous unit was away down a passage towards the rear of the place, whereas the new one is high up at the front, so the way to it from the lift takes one along a glass frontage which offers excellent views right across the city to Charnwood Forest and Bradgate Park beyond. I can see myself dawdling around up there admiring the scenery for a bit whenever I drop a box off

Leave a comment:

• sadkingbilly
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Afternoon all

Sunny with simpsonesque fluff. A chilly start to the morning (the heating came on). Currently 14 degrees with a high of 15 expected. It might cloud over for a while but no rain is forecast. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Busy morning. Was lazing in bed around 9am when the phone rang. I have an interview! Lots of prep therefore ensued while I wait for the date/time to be confirmed. The role focus has been rejigged so I need to make sure I give the right spin to any examples.

Also got a call from the consultancy I was working with earlier this year, asking me if I'd go back on a part time basis. They will have to await the outcome of this interview but it's good to have a back up option.
    knock 'em bandy hen!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Busy morning. Was lazing in bed around 9am when the phone rang. I have an interview! Lots of prep therefore ensued while I wait for the date/time to be confirmed. The role focus has been rejigged so I need to make sure I give the right spin to any examples.

Also got a call from the consultancy I was working with earlier this year, asking me if I'd go back on a part time basis. They will have to await the outcome of this interview but it's good to have a back up option.
    Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with white toast

In fact, there aren't many other options left which is one of the reasons why I'd like to go to Sainsbury's this afternoon, assuming the occasional waves of tiredness permit

Need to get the new Viz too, as that came out a week ago when I was at the wedding

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Contracts exchanged!

Afternoon all

Sunny with simpsonesque fluff. A chilly start to the morning (the heating came on). Currently 14 degrees with a high of 15 expected. It might cloud over for a while but no rain is forecast. Barometer up to 1016 mBar.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X