• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• ladymuck
    replied
    Much laundry has been done and draped about. Although no rain is forecast, I don't trust the look of the clouds.

HWMBO and I also have been to the local supermarkets for various items of produce. Then a quick stop into Sainsbury's as Fevertree tonic is discounted on My Nectar Price.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Afternoon denizens

I didn't actually get up especially late today, but I've been distracted by Monkey Life and sorting out various bits in the kitchen

It's pretty cloudy out and there's a chance of a shower any time now. Currently 21°C which is as good as it'll get. The barometers are very slightly up at 1012/1020mB

Meanwhile across the landing, boxes are being brought in by the new neighbour(s)

It's unclear if they're a couple or a woman being helped by her dad, because the bloke has that look of indeterminate age that comes from having a shaved head and being ruddy of complexion from the sun; he could be any age from thirty to fifty, at least looking at him from up here

The lift is seeing more work in one day than it normally does in a week as, like me, they're doing it a carload at a time, but don't seem to have worked out the system of stacking them by the lift downstairs until they've got the whole load in, shifting it all into the lift in one go and then out again onto the landing here, before finally moving the boxes into the flat. Only one ride on the lift per load if you do it that way

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy and dull. A bit of a stiff breeze. Currently 20 degrees with a high of 21 expected. The weather app has a thunderstorm warning that seems to cover most of the country. Barometer down to 1018 mBar.

HWMBO and I popped over to the farmers' market. A few bits and bobs were purchased.

I need to check tyre pressures before I head down to Mum's tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Saturday apparently. Ear still blocked.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Cool in here at 18.2 deg, 20.5 in the kitchen, 17 deg in the leanto.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 763.56 Torr, 14.765 psi, (unchanged), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 7th of November 2019 it was sunny for a while until I went for my walk whereupon it changed its mind.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:52.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all

CBS, etc

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Miami Vice (2006). It's not very good. In fact, it's quite bad until the last forty to fifty minutes or so, when it picks up a bit. This confirmed the opinion I'd formed during the earlier hour and a bit: the story would have worked well as an episode of the original series, but was just being padded out with a bunch of stuff that's supposed to imbue a sense of glamour to fill a couple of hours. Look: guns! Look: a speedboat! Look: a man and woman having a shower together! Look: a different man and woman having a shower together, because we'd run out of ideas but couldn't bear the idea of maybe just making the film shorter! I'd forgotten it was written and directed by Michael Mann. It ain't no Heat, that's for sure

And then Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) which is, of course, excellent. The thing I like most about these is how realistic the ape behaviour is: it's not a bunch of apes mimicking human society, it's a bunch of apes behaving like apes who've become a bit more sophisticated but are, nonetheless, apes

Amidst the end-of-project excitement of the day I found the time to air and make the bed, so tonight I sleep in lovely clean bedding

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Standing out looking up at the stars as MtSH does his nighttime thang, having picked up a young hedgehog on the cameras an hour ago, and the song in my head is Desperado.

The WifeTM is home tomorrow, out for dinner tomorrow night and then it’s her birthday on Sunday.

TFBSZ

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Celebratory tea has been the last Chatsworth ribeye steak with chips, fried onions and beans. Very nice bit of meat

This was, for a change, accompanied by ST:DS9 S3E11 and S3E12: Past Tense parts one and two, because it starts when a transporter malfunction combined with a temporal anomaly lands Sisko, Dax, and Bashir in San Francisco on… August 30 2024! This is a couple of days before the Bell Riots, a pivotal event in Earth history, and naturally they mess things up by being there when they shouldn't and have to make sure everything turns out the way it "should" from the perspective of their future reality
    Last edited by NickFitz; Yesterday, 19:01.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Done and dusted, so let the holiday commence!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    To the pharmacy for the monthly prescription, where confusion reigned

Luckily, I'd made a point of checking assorted matters relating to it before I set off. So I knew that there had been a prescription request on 11 July, which I'd collected on 5 August. To my surprise there had also been a prescription request on 31 July, which is far too soon in what should be a four-week cycle. Anyway, this would be the one I collected today. And I discovered there'd also been a request made today, meaning their practice of re-ordering too soon has finally caught up with itself

When I got there, they looked around the back… and found the prescription from today. They told me it would take ten minutes or so to fill, as they'd only just received it.

So I pulled out my phone and showed them the one from 31 July, pointing out that the issue I was coming to the end of was dated 12 July and therefore couldn't be that one, so they must have one already waiting for me.

Then they went on the computer and looked, and looked, and finally declared that they'd never received the one from 31 July. They claimed it might never have been received by them, at which I pointed out on my phone that it said it had been sent to them, though they astutely pointed out that those aren't the same thing. Later, they argued that the doctor might never even have signed it, by which time I couldn't be bothered to argue any more. They insisted, however, that they could see EVERYTHING on the computer, and they could go RIGHT BACK, and there was no trace of that 31 July prescription.

Finally, after various other customers had come and gone (including a woman with a persistent dry cough who's probably given us all Covid), they appeared with the bag of drugs. So I ambled up to the counter to collect it… and guess what?

This was the issue from the 31 July prescription! The one they'd never received! The one the doctor hadn't signed! The prescription that couldn't be found on the computer that has everything and goes way back had, in fact, been filled and had been sitting on a shelf in the back the whole time!

They asked me if I wanted to wait while the pharmacist finished off today's version, but I told them I'd come back for it in 28 days

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been a Pukka steak slice

My list of things to be decommissioned or otherwise dealt with is now green from top to bottom, so that's me done with this project!

Well, I'll hang around virtually this afternoon in case any last minute questions pop up

Meanwhile, a bloke who I suspect to be a decorator (based on the splashes of paint on his shorts) is bringing what I assume is decorating stuff into the flat across the landing. At this rate, I'll end up with a neighbour over there for the first time in a year

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Sunny with occasional fluff. Currently 21 degrees with a high of 23 expected. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Nothing noteworthy happening.

I have been carrying around a "happy anniversary" card for a friend and their partner and walked past many a post box without actually posting said card. It's their anniversary on Sunday so today is the very last hope I have of getting it there approximately on time.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday. And since it was a BH the recycling engineers made their merry way along the road earlier.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Sunny.

Cool in here at 18.2 deg, 19 in the kitchen, 16 in the leanto, 12.8 in the saltinghouse.

1017.5 mBar, 30.05 in Hg, 763.2 Torr, 14.7575 psi, (up from 1016 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Shirts in the WM.

Shirts out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Meanwhile on the 6th of November 2019 NF enjoyed A Big Chicken sufficient for several meals and soup, followed by more of "I, Claudius", this featuring Nero and his fiddle, whereas I enjoyed more of BTVS & Angel S1, and LM reached Schipol despite some security scare.

Smalls out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Cottons in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine.

Cottons out of the WM and pegged out on the line.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned.

Smalls in off the line & airing upstairs.

Entertainment: Fringe S3 E11, E12, E13.

Lunch: there was lunch.

5 lawns duly mown.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: Fringe S3 E14, E15, E16.

"Armstrong" on PBS, being the story of The First Man. Muffie appeared in an assortment of 8mm films.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 22:13.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    CBS, etc, feels a bit autumnal out there.
    A pleasant perambulation.
    TFIF, etc.
    Just finishing my timesheets for the month. Which bucket do I put CUK under?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh, I've just won a prize on the National Lottery! Oh, it's £5! Bah!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X