• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's only viewing was an old Police Interceptors

Friday tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Your comment about the state of the market prompted me to do a quick JobServe search for what I'm doing at the moment (Django). The top result was with the same ClientGov department that I'm currently working with, via the same agency! So either they're looking to replace me, or there's plenty more work to be done and I should be OK to stay on for a while
    It's definitely a "stick with it" market if you have a gig

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Yeh, my boring Sainsburies shop day too. At least they had raspberries this time.
    I got some strawberries that look very nice. Might have some of them in a bit

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been the latest episode in my ongoing search for a ready meal that's actually nice rather than just adequate. This time the star was pork & cider hotpot, which wasn't too bad actually. I neglected to pay attention to the small print and missed the fact that it also contained kale, but there wasn't too much of that and it was fairly easy to pick out and throw away. I think it would have tasted even better without that contamination, but it was nice enough that I'll hunt down a recipe (sans kale) and try making it myself

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Yeh, my boring Sainsburies shop day too. At least they had raspberries this time.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Being a bit stuck waiting for somebody else to send me some info, and also generally being lacking in enthusiasm for this particular project, I knocked off a little early today and went to not-as-big-but-closer Sainsbury's before the rush hour kicked in. So that's one less thing to bother about

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    So the call was a complete waste of time and I got rejected for a job I didn't actually apply for.

Your comment about the state of the market prompted me to do a quick JobServe search for what I'm doing at the moment (Django). The top result was with the same ClientGov department that I'm currently working with, via the same agency! So either they're looking to replace me, or there's plenty more work to be done and I should be OK to stay on for a while

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Drizzly.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1005.5 mBar, 29.692 in Hg, 754.2 Torr, 14.583 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of October 2019 there was discussion of English Mustard, wasp's nests in the loft causing damp, 3 frankfurters in a bun with said mustard, and, curiously enough, cardiac arrests and heart attacks.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the humid grey gloom with added drizzle.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Bottom Line (calm down xogg): waffling on about the good & the bad of this that & the other.

Sliced Bread: vacuum cleaners.

Some half hearted weeding done: nice pile of stuff to burn when next I get a chance.

Leanto, kitchen & living room roughly vacced, more stuff moved than usual & the furniture polish was pressed into action, all this in a vain attempt to reduce the moth population: plainly futile since I just killed another one.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM waffling on to itself.
    As per usual. I wonder if it'll do it twice today. .

In addition I sorted the box of "free" screws, washers, nuts, & nails for the sake of something to do. I'll have to sort them into wood screws and self tappers next.

The Mentalist S2 E13, E14, E15.

New Trucking Hell S8 E11 this evening.

The Mentalist S2 E16.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 20:02.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    So the call was a complete waste of time and I got rejected for a job I didn't actually apply for.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dull, overcast, damp. Occasional light showers off and on, due to stop soon but the sun is unlikely to appear. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 22 expected. Barometer down to 1010 mBar.

The other day a recruiter contacted me to consider a permanent role. It does sound quite interesting so I'm having a call with them this afternoon about it. I don't really want permanent but the contract market is pretty dire so it would be rude to not at least find out what it was about my LinkedIn profile that made them think I was a good match.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Grey.

Cool in here at 20.3 deg, 21.5 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1005.5 mBar, 29.692 in Hg, 754.2 Torr, 14.583 psi, (down from 1010 last night), 73% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 25th of October 2019 there was discussion of English Mustard, wasp's nests in the loft causing damp, 3 frankfurters in a bun with said mustard, and, curiously enough, cardiac arrests and heart attacks.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the humid grey gloom with added drizzle.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: The Bottom Line (calm down xogg): waffling on about the good & the bad of this that & the other.

Sliced Bread: vacuum cleaners.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 16:51.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all very misty out, but equally warm, so quite unpleasant on the walk.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Rather a gloomy grey start, and still windy out there. Mild enough though, being 16°C with a target of 22°. The barometers are back down again, at 999/1007mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was Hell Jumper on iPlayer. It's a documentary about foreign volunteers who evacuate civilians from front line areas in Ukraine, particularly a young British chap who ended up being killed by the Wagner mob

Still windy out

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

Working...
X