• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been chicken in red wine sauce with chips and peas

This was accompanied by a new episode of the Gloucestershire police thing. And there's a new episode of Traffic Cops too! Spoilt for choice

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I have today been offered more work by consultancyCo, increasing my days from 2 per week back up to full time. This is very welcome even if it is only until the end of January.
    Every little helps!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    In other news, I see Scrambled Maps has been updated again.
    I like the green tick on correctly-positioned tiles

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No comet. By the time the western sky had got dark enough, a big cloud had come and planted itself there. It only hung around for a while but by the time it had moved on, I suspect the comet had ducked down behind a tall tree in a nearby garden

On the other side, though, there's a lovely full moon through the living room window
    Last edited by NickFitz; Today, 18:40.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    In other news, I see Scrambled Maps has been updated again.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Evening all

It's been a lovely sunny day with lumps of fluff. The high was 18 and, despite a damp start, no rain rained. Looks to be a clear night too. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Apparently the clear skies should afford a good sight of the "Harvest Moon" this evening.

I have today been offered more work by consultancyCo, increasing my days from 2 per week back up to full time. This is very welcome even if it is only until the end of January.

The quest for a more firmly positioned contract continues.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    The walk has been walked

Once it gets dark, I'm going to have a look for that comet - the skies are mostly clear, and my bedroom window faces in roughly the right direction

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Thursday done, timesheet submitted, and… WEEKEND!

Sunny afternoon out, with just a few wisps of cloud hither and yon

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Just back from Cabaret with sub-section of usual old witches. Last act was esp. nice, burlesque lady with a lovely b*m. Got a bit of a ....

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Cold chicken leg and a bag of plain crisps for lunch
    Same again as there are two legs per pack, though they probably didn't come from the same chicken

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    In today's post: several copies of Commando No. 5794 River of Death, first published as No. 582 in September 1971 and written by my Dad!

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Awake at sparrowfart again.

Damp.

Dreary.

Grey.

Sunless.

Chilly in here at 16.3 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen, 15 deg in the leanto.

1002 mBar, in Hg, Torr, psi, (up from 998 last night), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 22nd of November 2019 the weather was much the same as above but colder.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 06:53.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

There was some rain last night, but this morning it's a rosy-fingered dawn with a clear sky above! It'll get a bit cloudier over the course of the day though. Still relatively mild at 13°C ("feels like" 10°) with an expected high of 16°; the barometers are up a touch at 994/1002mB

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's telly was E1 of Inside Barlinnie about the eponymous Glasgow prison, which is soon to close. Interesting stuff

And then I read a few more chapters of The Founders, in which PayPal finally has its name - though it still thinks it's making a PalmPilot app for splitting bills in restaurants

Thursday (which is now functionally equivalent to Friday for me) tomorrow!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Nice to get home and relax after old fart walk this morning, bookreading group this afternoon and history talk this evening. Last not what I was expecting as lady I know a bit couldn't give the talk but not bad alternative about witches. Modern witches probably fly around on Dyson vacuum cleaners.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X