• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I discovered two new (to me) episodes of Trucking Hell series 8 which appears to have restarted airing on 25 July.
    Just in time, as I'm getting close to catching up

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been Nando's leftovers

Accompanied by an old Police Interceptors - but not old enough, as I remembered the bit at the end with a van stuck under a road sign, so I need to find even older ones

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I discovered two new (to me) episodes of Trucking Hell series 8 which appears to have restarted airing on 25 July.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Ambled round to the chemist's for the monthly drugs. It's warm out, but not intolerably so. Been cloudy since mid-morning and there was quite a strong breeze, judging by the trees, but that seems to have died down a bit now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Sunny with occasional lumps of fluff interrupting the blue sky. A nice breeze is wafting in the window. Currently 24 degrees with a high of 25 expected. Barometer at 1012 mBar.

This morning I checked out the front and all the boxes had gone!

That is, so far, the only positive of the day. The fruitless search for work continues.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bacon bap for lunch, as the bacon needed finishing off - and lo! the pack of six contained a hidden seventh rasher, making for a very well stuffed bap indeed!

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Links are up

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Monday.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Damp.

Windy.

Sunless.

Cool in here at 20.7 deg, 22.5 deg in the kitchen, 20 deg in the leanto.

1005.5 mBar, 29.692 in Hg, 754.18 Torr, 14.583 psi, (down from 1006.5), 71% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 29th of October 2019 NF set up a new VPN server (whatever that is) because he'd lost the keys to the previous one (whatever that was) and it was easier to start again again, the new one being cheaper, there was discussion of assorted lunches (me, NF, LM), WTFH was talking to yet another pimp, and I watched BTVS S4 E1 which is by far my least favourite ep due to it bringing back memories of LUT back in the day.

Trip to that Swansea and that Oxfam to get shot of some books only to buy another couple to come back with, that Barclays to pay the card over the counter which I insist on doing with a cheque since the mofos pissed me off. And bought a book in Waterstones. Lady with a cat in a basket (tortoiseshell, the cat not the basket) on the way back.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: thing on R4 about asbestos in talcum powder, who'd have thunk?

The Mentalist S4 E20. Another one set in a skool.

The Mentalist S4 Extra.

Tea: low fat vegetable chilli (tinned): as grim as it sounds but presumably less difficult to wash up due to lack of grease. etc.

Entertainment: PM.

The Mentalist S4 E21, E22, E23.

Abandoned Engineering: more stuff with nothing to do with engineering.

In other other news my niece fell over & broke her hip. She's 35. The only other family member who did that was 90.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 17:17.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Overcast here, looks like it might rain.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with bands of cloud. It's supposed to be a warm one again, being 16°C already with an expected high of 24°. The barometers are down a bit though, at 999/1007mB

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    A busy day of putting up a mirror, planting leeks, potting on lots of stuff, starting another ginger off, strimming around the veg beds, trimming one of the patio bushes, trimming the front hedge to make it easier driving out onto the lane, selling the old ride-on mower (and I’m wondering if the purchaser is a member here), and some other stuff.

Now it’s TFBSZ, and I’m hoping tomorrow the new mower arrives.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Bake, not roast: Chicken & Potato Tray Bake (Tavuk Kebabı) (I got the recipe from her book where the title explicitly mentions the tomatoes, but it's the same one)

After a morning of Monkey Life, there wasn't anything of note on the telly until some Antipodean borders and roads policing later in the afternoon, so I mucked around with SpriteKit for a bit

Monday again tomorrow. Certain senior people are on holiday and no decision about the fate of the project will be promulgated until they return next week, though that doesn't mean the decision won't have been made. While we wait, we're slowing down any steps towards go live that might be a nuisance to revert, so this week could be a fairly quiet one

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I put a load of flattened boxes out the front with the label "free boxes!" attached several hours ago, and no-one has taken them away yet. I might have to advertise them at this rate.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea has been… hang on, let me look it up… Tavuklu Patates Kebabi, or Chicken, Potato and Tomato Roast to you and I, with rice. This was from a Turkish-Cypriot recipe by Meliz Berg, and it was absolutely delicious

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Cloudy but bright enough and dry. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 23 expected. No rain forecast. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Had a lovely dinner and cocktails out with friends yesterday. Lazy start to the day today with no plans to do / achieve anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X