• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    As there's no new Viz to worry about, I went to the closer but barely adequate Sainsbury's, where I only forgot a couple of things because of the layout

The route home from there doesn't go near the chip shop unless one makes a detour, so I did; but as I was earlier than usual, it was very busy and there was nowhere to park close by. As it had just started raining quite heavily, I took this as a sign and came home instead to have something I've already got

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Wondering whether to go shopping in a bit. Viz isn't out until next week, so it's not urgent. But I suppose I could get some other stuff, like bread and meat

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    My run at ConsultantCo has come to an end, with the contract finishing at the end of the month. Sadly I couldn't wheedle my way in to another team at ClientCo.
    You'll finally have time to travel the world

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

A dull day with a bit of a breeze. The weather app says it's raining but observations with my eyes disagree. Rain is forecast for the rest of the day. Currently 16 degrees and the high was 17. Barometer is down to 1012 mBar.

My run at ConsultantCo has come to an end, with the contract finishing at the end of the month. Sadly I couldn't wheedle my way in to another team at ClientCo.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: bacon butties. Very nice bacon and bread, both from Chatsworth of course

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Working from my dad’s today, where it’s overcast and rainy

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday judging by the racket the recycling engineers made.

Dry.

Grey.

Wanly sunny.

Chilly in here at 16.9 deg, 18 deg in the kitchen, 16.5 deg in the leanto.

1008 mBar, 29.766223 in Hg, 756.06 Torr, 14.619 psi, (down from 1015 last night), 78% RH (GDR hair), 66% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of October 2019 some chap turned up & started washing the front windows when he should have been doing that two doors up, (sudden flash of memory of ladies back in the long ago when sash windows were a thing, sitting on the upstairs windowsill cleaning the outside of the windows), whereas NF had sausages in finger rolls for lunch & his ears had come out in a rash due to the cleanser stuff on his earbuds.

Raining.

Freecell score: 100% (of 25), running average: 86%. Seemed to be in the zone today.

Lunch: beans on toast etc.

Entertainment: that bottom line thing again, Sliced Bread about ultrasonic repellent devices.

Veronica Mars S3 E9 "Spit & Eggs". The end of the rapist arc.

Tea: soup etc.

Entertainment: PM or Morse, decisions decisions.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 15:26.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with a high haze to moderate the rays a little. The forecast seems to be more of the same or perhaps a bit cloudier, then breezier this afternoon, and maybe some showers around teatime. Currently 9°C, 15° expected, and the barometers are back down to 1002/1010mB

Up betimes this morning as I left the blind in the bedroom up quite high last night, leading to the aforementioned sunlight making its way in. It's one of those rare years when the Summer Solstice falls on the 20 June, so only a week and the sun will gradually start retreating back across the Tropic of Cancer

In fact, looking at https://www.timeanddate.com/calendar...html?year=1950 it's clear that the 20 June solstice didn't happen at all for the last fifty years of the preceding millennium although there were some 22 June ones, whereas in the first fifty years of this one, it becomes more and more common, happening two years in a row sometimes from the late 2040s on. I hope somebody's let English Heritage know so they can adjust their plans for Stonehenge accordingly; I remember them getting a bit confused over the out-of-step date of an equinox in the late 1980s

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tonight's viewing was that C5 thing that claims to be motorway police but mainly happens off the motorway and is peppered with unrelated dashcam footage

And then some Apple WWDC videos about Swift Data. Looks like there may now be an easy way to do something I was trying to do earlier in the year, but I'm not installing beta stuff on this machine so I'll have to wait to try it out

Meanwhile in nuclear accidents, the Canadians are managing a few more cockups with their reactors. But their friends to the south are rapidly outpacing them, particularly by building the world's first fast breeder reactor and then deciding to see what happens when you turn the coolant off. Nothing you'd want to see happen, it turns out

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea was a Chatsworth steak and ale pie with chips. Very nice, though TBH I think my own was just as good

That's the last of the refrigerated Chatsworth stuff that Needed to be Eaten™ - the rest of it is in the freezer except for some bacon, but that keeps for longer anyway having been properly smoked

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Old farts coach trip to Rochester today. Inneresting castle. But ll3 expected me to carry her bag up all the old steps, felt like she had 1cwt of concrete in it.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Afternoon all

Dull and overcast, although it was reasonably bright first thing. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 17 due to be reached around 5pm. Barometer up to 1021 mBar.

Decided to leave the house and go to the office today. Sadly I didn't bump into any of my contacts there who might feel inclined to offer me some work.

I keep looking at things to pack and then reminding myself that I've paid people to do that.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch: Scotch broth and a crust of wholemeal

It remains cloudy but dry out

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Wednesday.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 16.6 deg, 17 deg in the kitchen (kettle effect), 15 deg in the leanto.

1019 mBar, 30.09 in Hg, 764.3 Torr, 14.779 psi (unchanged), 78% RH (GDR hair), 64% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 9th of October 2019 it was 0.2 deg cooler in here than today , the skool road near BlueSharp was being dug up, and one of WTFH's guinea fowl had gone to meet its maker having refused to return to the roost & thusly getting itself eaten, my walk in those dim & distant days took me to Tonna lock & back rather than up the hill to the res.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the cold grey gloom of the morning, though it brightened up a little towards the end.

Lunch: scrambled egg etc.

Entertainment: Y&Y <click>.

TWATO <click>.

House roughly vacced, despite the lack of rotation of the brush, the cleaner still picks up lots.

Veronica Mars S3 E8 "Lord of the Pi's". More fraternity crap presumably. One can appreciate why it never made a S4. Gosh. Patty Hearst (the real one) as a guest. Mildly amusing. I have no recall of this whatsoever. One of the fraternity bros gets a plastic easter egg jammed up his jacksie. That must have made his eyes water a bit.

Tea: sausage & mash etc. Nice enough though feck nose what those sausages were, certainly neither cumberland nor lincolnshire.

Entertainment: PM <click>

Morse S1 E3 "Service of all the dead": the one in that spooky church, not one of the best.

Freecell score; 93%, running average: 86%.

The Human Jungle S1 E5 "The lost hours (1963)". The one about the chap who had no adolescence and is suspected by his wife of having an affair.

I found "A murder of Quality" by John Le Carre, it was hiding in plain sight, along with "Smiley's People" in the bookcase behind this chair.

So it's "The spy who came in from the cold" and "A small town in Germany" that I'm still looking for, well it's sommat to do, innit?

Random egg sandwich because I wanted one.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:28.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Cloudy start, though looking as if it might develop gaps at any minute. Still no heatwave, being 9°C and reaching 16° later; the barometers are up a little more at 1009/1017mB

Leave a comment:

Working...
X