• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does anyone else feel like they are being financially ripped by the tax-man"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by mockedguy View Post
    If you work for HMRC then I've sent them a screenshot of you stating you do, and asking for confirmation they have an HMRC Officer officially operating on this site and telling people what the contracting laws are.

42,000+ posts? You obviously have nothing else to do with your life.
    He doesn't work for HMRC, he was winding you up.

And he has very obviously exceeded...

(But since this has descended into a flamefest, thread closed.)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    There's members now? Do you pay a fee and get special benefits from NLyUK and a badge and a virtual cuddle from Admin?
    I paid extra so I would not have to have a virtual cuddle from admin...

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    There's members now? Do you pay a fee and get special benefits from NLyUK and a badge and a virtual cuddle from Admin?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I was a member on here years ago and left because of it, and nothing has changed.
    Oh missed that bit.

Yep you were a arrogant but clueless idiot then and are an arrogant but clueless idiot now, so nothing has changed...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Mods: why do you let these people constantly get away with all the sneering comments they make to other members?
    Maybe because the comments aren't sneering they are accurate?

I was a member on here years ago and left because of it, and nothing has changed.
    Please don't leave again. At least not yet. The regulars could do with some fresh meat...

Leave a comment:

• Paralytic
    replied
    If you work for HMRC then I've sent them a screenshot of you stating you do, and asking for confirmation they have an HMRC Officer officially operating on this site and telling people what the contracting laws are.
    Please share their response when you get it

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Glad we established you have no idea about IT contracting, as many of the things your are telling people are wrong. I checked a number of them with my accountants. No wonder you don't want to reveal what industry you work in as it would unmask how little it applies to a lot of IT contracting.

And thanks to those who contacted me thanking about standing up to the smug cartel domineering this forum.

Mods: why do you let these people constantly get away with all the sneering comments they make to other members? I was a member on here years ago and left because of it, and nothing has changed.
    Because one person knows what they are doing and the other (you) is a arrogant know-nothing newbie / tosser who thinks they know everything about everything but doesn't grasp where their knowledge goes from up to date to completely and utterly out of date.

Leave a comment:

• mockedguy
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    No there isn't (sadly). We've plenty of threads on here about contractors clocking off at 5PM. Your knowledge of the contracting market appears to be as bad as mine is around software development.
    Glad we established you have no idea about IT contracting, as many of the things your are telling people are wrong. I checked a number of them with my accountants. No wonder you don't want to reveal what industry you work in as it would unmask how little it applies to a lot of IT contracting.

And thanks to those who contacted me thanking about standing up to the smug cartel domineering this forum.

Mods: why do you let these people constantly get away with all the sneering comments they make to other members? I was a member on here years ago and left because of it, and nothing has changed.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mockedguy
    replied
    Investigations are on hold. Waiting for all the people determined inside before Monday to declare themselves outside due to the U Turn. Money for old rope. Going to smash the bonus for this month by a country mile.

Leave a comment:

• mondeoman
    replied
    Investigations are on hold. Waiting for all the people determined inside before Monday to declare themselves outside due to the U Turn. Money for old rope. Going to smash the bonus for this month by a country mile.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Until a friendly mod moves the thread to general....

So how many IR35 investigations has your team sent out today?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Pure hypocrisy, look at what you post. You and a few other regulars are constantly bashing people on here with your own elitist viewpoints, note, VIEWPOINTS, which are not necessarily correct, and are never justified, littered with arrogant, demeaning, personal and condescending comments to anyone who challenges you in any way. Its becoming clear now you work in different professions, and your viewpoints arent valid to other professions.

As for dick swinging, I would define that as making 1 line derogatory comments to people you have never met from behind the safety of a keyboard, of which there seems to be an awful lot of on here.
    1 more for the ignore pile until Cojak arrives and bins this sockie..

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Because they have kids, family and other commitments that don't lead them to want to run the risk of contracting and more so the commute and living away.

A company should have good software developers, pm's or whatever. Contractors are only there to deliver an extended service.Your many years of being an elite contractor seems to have blinded you to reality at the coal face.

You are getting tedious now.
    Until a friendly mod moves the thread to general....

So how many IR35 investigations has your team sent out today?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Precisely, but you, and a few others, are doing exactly that. You are tarring everyone with the same brush. That is the point.

Why the f*** would a software developer want to make the long hard effort to become really good at their profession, for a measly £15k pa more take home, than an untrained perm who couldn't care less, which is what hmrc are pushing us into, and you are supporting it. They are not the same.
    Because they have kids, family and other commitments that don't lead them to want to run the risk of contracting and more so the commute and living away.

A company should have good software developers, pm's or whatever. Contractors are only there to deliver an extended service.Your many years of being an elite contractor seems to have blinded you to reality at the coal face.

You are getting tedious now.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X