• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "First inside contract"

Collapse

• Oven Ready
    replied
    Originally posted by KarlH View Post
    I was only asking for advice in a contractors forum, first posting, first inside contract with a public agency - didnt expect to be shot down
    Being a long time lurker on this board it is true to say that the members don't suffer fools Gladly !

Leave a comment:

• gables
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I think most of us will remember someone a little shorter...

And being an old git, I could be wrong, but did Jay-Z actually say it?
    dunno about jay-z, but whilst we're talking about that I have a question which I know I should know....but....

What is the difference between PAYE and Umbrella in terms of NET income?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    JAY-Z ?
    I think most of us will remember someone a little shorter...

And being an old git, I could be wrong, but did Jay-Z actually say it?

Leave a comment:

• KarlH
    replied
    As a famous person once said... It's a hard knock life.

JAY-Z ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I was only asking for advice in a contractors forum, first posting, first inside contract with a public agency - didnt expect to be shot down
    As a famous person once said... It's a hard knock life.

Leave a comment:

• KarlH
    replied
    He doesn't like it so it must be illegal.

BTW didn't Cojak promise to close threads like this and ban the living daylights out of the poster?

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    ah, well, from the bojo school of policy then.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    nah, you're imagining things again.
    No no no... Its there.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...st2734049.html

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied

BTW didn't Cojak promise to close threads like this and ban the living daylights out of the poster?
    nah, you're imagining things again.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post
    why would you expect a law to protect you from a lack of knowledge?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Because he doesn't like it so it must be illegal.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Because we are rapidly getting to the point where it is employer to employee rather than business to business relationships.
    I'm not sure that is the case in this instance...

<snip> I chose LTD as I am not a single entity PSC and we have other contracts and work. <snip>

but in general terms, I agree, as more people become 'other' employees, there should be more regulation and protection for the staff...

Leave a comment:

• Ari
    replied
    I chose LTD as I am not a single entity PSC and we have other contracts and work.
    you could consider to temporarily fire yourself from your Ltd but keep it going, get a P45 from your Ltd, and go with Umbrella for the duration of this contract. Give the P45 to the Umbrella, so you don't get a tax code for those who have 2 jobs and pay high tax. When this contract ends, you can re-hire yourself with your Ltd. Just an idea, it's not as hard as it sounds. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• pr1
    replied
    Should it not be law that the Recruitment agency/client advertise the real NET rate and explain the payroll breakdown from the start?
    If you get offered a job for £60,000 salary do you expect that to be before or after tax?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Because we are rapidly getting to the point where it is employer to employee rather than business to business relationships.

And come April 6th Agencies will need to issue Key Information documents with just that information.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X