• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter"

Collapse

• lowpaidworker
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    This.

For too many years I let the fight eat away at me. Ended up with a lot worse than a tax bill. Health issues that still affect my life today.

If you can somehow financially manage to draw a line under it, do it for your sanity.
    I am trying trust me. I dont sleep at night. Right now about to negotite a time to pay which realistically I wont be nearly half way to paying before retirement. I dread to think what HMRC will do or threaten but need to be strong. I will have to use any cash withdrawal from my pension schemes (when I am allowed to) and then still use inheritance to pay back. I dare not tell my parents would destroy them.

I hope my painful lesson is one which many read and learn from it. Thankfully I have explained it all to my wife who has been understanding. Some people dont even have that support.

Interestingly has anyone used or experience of the National Debt Line to assist you on figuring out how to pay and what realiscally you commit to.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    I wish I could post more on this topic or scheme as I have so much info some of these scheme promoters should be behind bars. Obvisouly I can't......... Problem is I am battered and bruised and whilst my heart wants to fight on my head is saying let it go try rescue what you have left if only for my two young children. I really hope in all of this a lesson is learnt but I have no faith in anyone including HMRC who should be adminstering all of this. More than 4 years after I got out more people are still being suckered into this scheme and many other others offering the same crap.

I feel for the poster of this thread.... I really do. I can only say get the hell out of it and dont believe a word Integra/Redstone/Edge tell you and good luck. Will be the best decision you make bar NONE
    This.

For too many years I let the fight eat away at me. Ended up with a lot worse than a tax bill. Health issues that still affect my life today.

If you can somehow financially manage to draw a line under it, do it for your sanity.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Hope you get it sorted. A painful lesson to always to your own research and don't just follow others.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Fewzhon View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I have moved to a new accountant today.

In terms of dealing with HMRC - do i contact them directly ? I have struggled to find information on how to deal with this part of the process?

Thanks
    Well done for heeding the advice here. In the first instance, once you are set up with an accountant, tell them the story and see what they suggest. It's likely they have heard it all before and will know exactly what to do.

Leave a comment:

• Fewzhon
    replied
    cont.

Hi All,

Hoping for some advice; On Saturday i received a letter from HMRC regarding me being potentiality involved in tax avoidance - referencing Spotlight 45: Umbrella Companies offering to increase your take home pay

The contracting world is all new to me and i followed my colleagues by joining the same company as them and now I have received this letter. From looking through my contract, I signed up with Integra Resources LTD

I have been contracting since March 2019 - the accountants for this company have just sent across my self assessment and now i have received this letter.

I don't know what to do next / who I need to contact to get this sorted.

I will obviously be leaving the current - is it best to go with an accountant?

Hi All,

Thanks for your comments. I have moved to a new accountant today.

In terms of dealing with HMRC - do i contact them directly ? I have struggled to find information on how to deal with this part of the process?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• lowpaidworker
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    I imagine it's simply business as usual for those still organising schemes. While there's still a queue of people signing up for these schemes there's going to be providers out there. I think we have seen plenty of times that the promoters take their money and run scott free away from the mess they created. And for the victims still signing up? It's very hard to have any sympathy. It's not like the information isn't out there is it? A few seconds on Google is all it takes to be informed.
    certainly is now although you still need to dig in and muddle through the promotors or sponsored adverts on your Google search and then actually read. Its then you start to realise the horror stories out there.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I wonder how companies like this Integra are getting around the beefed up DR rules which were introduced at the same time as the loan charge?

Any schemes which are still operating now are seriously taking the piss. There must be a real risk of people getting clobbered with 60% GAAR penalties.
    I imagine it's simply business as usual for those still organising schemes. While there's still a queue of people signing up for these schemes there's going to be providers out there. I think we have seen plenty of times that the promoters take their money and run scott free away from the mess they created. And for the victims still signing up? It's very hard to have any sympathy. It's not like the information isn't out there is it? A few seconds on Google is all it takes to be informed.

Leave a comment:

• lowpaidworker
    replied
    I wonder how companies like this Integra are getting around the beefed up DR rules which were introduced at the same time as the loan charge?

Any schemes which are still operating now are seriously taking the piss. There must be a real risk of people getting clobbered with 60% GAAR penalties.
    I wish I could post more on this topic or scheme as I have so much info some of these scheme promoters should be behind bars. Obvisouly I can't......... Problem is I am battered and bruised and whilst my heart wants to fight on my head is saying let it go try rescue what you have left if only for my two young childrem. I really hope in all of this a lesson is learnt but I have no faith in anyone including HMRC who should be adminstering all of this. More than 4 years after I got out more people are still being suckered into this scheme and many other others offering the same crap.

I feel for the poster of this thread.... I really do. I can only say get the hell out of it and dont believe a word Integra/Redstone/Edge tell you and good luck. Will be the best decision you make bar NONE
    Last edited by lowpaidworker; 2 November 2020, 16:46.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lowpaidworker
    replied
    Hi All,

Hoping for some advice; On Saturday i received a letter from HMRC regarding me being potentiality involved in tax avoidance - referencing Spotlight 45: Umbrella Companies offering to increase your take home pay

The contracting world is all new to me and i followed my colleagues by joining the same company as them and now I have received this letter. From looking through my contract, I signed up with Integra Resources LTD

I have been contracting since March 2019 - the accountants for this company have just sent across my self assessment and now i have received this letter.

If its Integra then you would have probably signed a loan agreement whereby they pay you a small salary and then the rest in the form of loans. Loans are diguised renumeration schemes and so HMRC now want you to pay the tax on those loans. PS I used Integra (formerly Redstone and Edge)

I suggest you make good your word and get out very quick before you find a hefty tax bill. Either go via your own limited or via an agency that deducts all the required taxes. These will be Income tax, Employers National Insurance and Employees National Insurance.
    Last edited by lowpaidworker; 2 November 2020, 16:07.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Leave the company, go and see an accountant and straighten out your taxes. It will cost you, but better to get it over with and right off your losses. If you challenge it, it could take years and cost even more.
    OP, take note, this is very good advice.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Leave the company, go and see an accountant and straighten out your taxes. It will cost you, but better to get it over with and write off your losses. If you challenge it, it could take years and cost even more.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 November 2020, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Hmmm, Integra Resources LTD. Not a lot out there about them. They were incorporated back in 1989. One of the directors looks to be rather the skiing enthusiast. integra-resources dot co dot uk points to a holding page. Fascinating. Wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after 10 seconds of Googling. You're welcome.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Yes - you need to leave this company immediately and move to a legitimate umbrella.

Speak to Lucyclarityumbrella.

You'll find the Spotlight 45 article here...
    https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...ml#post2825304

Leave a comment:

• Fewzhon
    started a topic Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter

Help: HMRC Enquiry Letter

Hi All,

Working...
X