• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "One to avoid - TAX-CLUB.COM"

Collapse

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post

The entire point is lead generation for phone calls.
    Oh, how I remember the phone calls very well indeed. To this day I can almost recite the lies and the sales spiel word for word.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post

And if that doesn't make you run a mile......... Nothing will.

What a tangled web they weave.
    The entire point is lead generation for phone calls.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Quoting myself here, but when you go to the Privacy Policy page of their website, there's a link to the Cookies policy. Click on that link and you end up at Umbrella Worx - part of AML/Knox
    And if that doesn't make you run a mile......... Nothing will.

What a tangled web they weave.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Another new scam through today:
    contractoroptions.co.uk

Based in:
    Gordon House, 10A Prospect Hill, Douglas, Isle of Man
    Quoting myself here, but when you go to the Privacy Policy page of their website, there's a link to the Cookies policy. Click on that link and you end up at Umbrella Worx - part of AML/Knox

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Another new scam through today:
    contractoroptions.co.uk

Based in:
    Gordon House, 10A Prospect Hill, Douglas, Isle of Man

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

Bumping this thread because I got an email today from a company who also mention NHS, Sky, EE, Cadbury and Vodafone logos on the site:
    Contractor Planet (NOTE: this is NOT Planet Contractor)
    Promising 85% return in their email from a "Richard Wright" at the company.
    If they wanted to engage with a more blokes surely the post should come from Richard Left wouldn't they?

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied

Bumping this thread because I got an email today from a company who also mention NHS, Sky, EE, Cadbury and Vodafone logos on the site:
    A deliberate play as a clone of the other company then.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

they have NHS, Sky, EE, Cadbury and Vodafone logos on the site. Dob them in to all those orgs publicly.

Leave a comment:

• Culps67
    replied
    Good luck everyone with getting through all this. I'm off this forum now. it genuinely upsets me to see what situation folk find themselves in and seemingly little / confusing options for resolution. I was with one umbrella that now has folk working for this one (tax club) and these vultures are trying to lure other folk in despite whats happened. They know full well what the situation is but greed means they want to try to carry on. Disgusting. I've privately messaged a few folk (including one guy who was with Target) and offered to help in any way with evidence of their malpractice. Examples being texts of bonus incentives to rejoin dodgy outfits. Unfortunately you don't get much response from private messages as it seems even we can't be trusted now. Yeah like I message folk to reel them into some dodgy scheme. Well I can show you all the emails from counter avoidance dept and all the letters from HMRC hassling. All for a few hundred quid. Would love to contribute to some legal case against the outfit I was with. Its an absolute s*** show and I would never touch contracting with a barge poll ever again. Best of luck everyone.
    Last edited by Culps67; 13 November 2020, 16:03.

Leave a comment:

• Culps67
    replied
    Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    I just found an email in my junk mailbox from them.
    Same here. I know who it is. He worked for the umbrella company I got conned by in 2016. Mmm wonder who that could be ? Total crooks. I actually got texts off this shark after I had left the previous outfit. He was offering me a £500 bonus to re-join. I have screenshots of all these texts in case required in future.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thanks, I couldn't find anything relevant at Companies House either. I too noted the anonymous domain registrations.
    Once upon a time you could force Nominet to reveal the name of any business website but since GDPR came in that has become more and more difficult.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
    I was sent this (I don't have permission to disclose the sender's identity:

"Twitter and forum posts suggest unsolicited emails have been going out from tax-club.com and tax-club.co.uk. Both domains anonymously registered.

Tax-club.com website was set up in May, .co.uk was registered at end of July.

A TonyBS username is connected with the tax-club.com website and one Charlie Leonard has been responding to email contact. There is an Antony Bell-Scott who is Facebook friends with Mark Quirk (director of Pay Group Ltd among others). Anthony Bell-Scott is IoM based but I can’t find any link between him and Tax-Club.com.

I can find no ‘Tax-Club’ entity incorporated in the UK nor any obvious tax related entity connected to a Charlie/Charles Leonard.

Tax Club emails suggest they refer potential customers to high return umbrella schemes."
    I suspect TonyBS and Charlie Leonard will be one and the same.. Equally I wouldn't offer high odds that TonyBS and Anthony Bell-Scott were different people.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Ian Richardson GT Leeds View Post
    I was sent this (I don't have permission to disclose the sender's identity:

"Twitter and forum posts suggest unsolicited emails have been going out from tax-club.com and tax-club.co.uk. Both domains anonymously registered.

A TonyBS username is connected with the tax-club.com website and one Charlie Leonard has been responding to email contact. There is an Antony Bell-Scott who is Facebook friends with Mark Quirk (director of Pay Group Ltd among others). Anthony Bell-Scott is IoM based but I can’t find any link between him and Tax-Club.com.

I can find no ‘Tax-Club’ entity incorporated in the UK nor any obvious tax related entity connected to a Charlie/Charles Leonard.

Tax Club emails suggest they refer potential customers to high return umbrella schemes."
    Thanks, I couldn't find anything relevant at Companies House either. I too noted the anonymous domain registrations.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Richardson GT Leeds
    replied
    Tax-Club.com

More importantly zero contact details apart from a form submission. It stinks to high heaven. I am amazed people still clearly do sign up to such nonsense.
    I was sent this (I don't have permission to disclose the sender's identity):

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm not - people are greedy and don't understand the consequences of their actions.

The issue at the moment is that agencies have little care about compliance as until now it compliance has been a slight issue rather than one with serious consequences for the agency. From April that is no longer the case (Section 61O of the finance act that very clear and while it will be changed the core message is the same - the agency will be responsible and liable for any lost tax).
    Too late, but about time something happened.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X