• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phil Manley question and answer session"

Collapse

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post

Yup, site's not available but search results preview it.
    "FIDUM Tax is a new venture by Phil Manley. Phil has extensive experience in taxation having joined HMRC at the turn of the millennium. A spell at a big 4 firm advising high net worth clients and all sizes of business followed before deciding to set up his own service with FidumTax."

Scammer has been omitted from the description for some reason.
    The site was up until last weekend.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20230315....fidumtax.com/

It is possible that a few interested parties forced it to be taken down before he did too much damage

Leave a comment:

• dammit chloe
    replied
    Originally posted by JoeSchloe View Post
    Phil Manley abandoned his clients in 2020 under PM Tax Resolution LLP and PMTC Ltd, taking their money with him including for various schemes. He then set up Roman Tax late 2022 as "Philip Hargreaves", and fictional colleagues like "Helen Ferguson" here on these forums as "HelenF". Roman Tax disappeared after January 2023. Manley's latest scam is Fidum Tax. Beware!
    Yup, site's not available but search results preview it.
    "FIDUM Tax is a new venture by Phil Manley. Phil has extensive experience in taxation having joined HMRC at the turn of the millennium. A spell at a big 4 firm advising high net worth clients and all sizes of business followed before deciding to set up his own service with FidumTax."

Scammer has been omitted from the description for some reason.

Leave a comment:

• JoeSchloe
    replied
    Phil Manley abandoned his clients in 2020 under PM Tax Resolution LLP and PMTC Ltd, taking their money with him including for various schemes. He then set up Roman Tax late 2022 as "Philip Hargreaves", and fictional colleagues like "Helen Ferguson" here on these forums as "HelenF". Roman Tax disappeared after January 2023. Manley's latest scam is Fidum Tax. Beware!

Leave a comment:

• yeahitsphil
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Much as I don't like Phil's history, comparing him to a psychopathic murderer is not really on.

So please don't continue in that vein.

(I however would be pleased to be compared to Villanelle. So much more exotic than Mick Hucknell...)
    Thanks!...erm I think! :-)

And look on the bright side cojak... it could be worse than Mick Hucknell…..I have to handle looking like an emaciated version of Mr Bean on a daily basis

Leave a comment:

• LOL17
    replied
    Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    So he's the HMRC goon in charge of the LC?

I bet he ain't feeling so smug now.
    Project ROAR, make it real, was his baby at HMRC.

Leave a comment:

• LOL17
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    There's a difference between not having the required permissions and not having the knowledge of how to do it in the right part of the forum. We have disabled posting images in the accounting forums in an attempt to keep them tidy and professional.
    That knowledge isn’t particularly useful when it’s specifically this thread I would like to have been able to add the picture to rather than posting it elsewhere on the forum. I understand and why I don’t have the permissions to add a picture to this thread and that’s fine.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Much as I don't like Phil's history, comparing him to a psychopathic murderer is not really on.

So please don't continue in that vein.

(I however would be pleased to be compared to Villanelle. So much more exotic than Mick Hucknell...)

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
    There's only on Tax Tiger King and that's Phil Gilbert. I would add a picture but I don't have the required permissions.

There's a difference between not having the required permissions and not having the knowledge of how to do it in the right part of the forum. We have disabled posting images in the accounting forums in an attempt to keep them tidy and professional.

Leave a comment:

• DealorNoDeal
    replied
    Originally posted by LOL17 View Post
    There's only on Tax Tiger King and that's Phil Gilbert. I would add a picture but I don't have the required permissions.
    So he's the HMRC goon in charge of the LC?

I bet he ain't feeling so smug now.

Leave a comment:

• LOL17
    replied
    Originally posted by Pennydroppers View Post
    Phil has crafted a cult of personality. All these tax advisors are like characters off tiger King

Leave a comment:

• Pennydroppers
    replied
    Originally posted by Boodog View Post
    Not being abusive at all here, but, really? Who cares about whether Phil ‘pops in’ or not?
    Phil has crafted a cult of personality. All these tax advisors are like characters off tiger King

Leave a comment:

• yeahitsphil
    replied
    Originally posted by lowpaidworker View Post
    I dont know the guy. I use to follow him on twitter and read his posts but from what i saw I would say he was one of the good guys.

As also is Graham Webber I would add.

Its a shame as it would massively benefit our situation if all these guys includinig Matt Hall all got on and clubbed together. They all have an extremly good knowledge of the subject and are powerful voices.
    Hi Many thanks for this post. Most appreciated. Ive in the last few mins posted a new thread which sets out my position but its going through the mods as ive had to do from a new account (as I don't recall my old login details)
    Assume the post is allowed it points out, amongst other things, that myself Matt and WTT actually do discuss matters. indeed I speak to MH most days and on a fairly regular basis have discussions with Rhys from WTT and despite (quite large)differences of opinion on BG we agree that getting rid of the LC is a common goal.
    Phil

Leave a comment:

• lowpaidworker
    replied
    Originally posted by pt101 View Post
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion - however reading this I feel obliged to voice mine. Personally I don’t think that you could be more wrong. Phil is probably one of the most genuine and least likely person to do anything for his own personal monetary gain that I have ever come across. In fact I’d go as far as to say that I suspect he could have made an absolute fortune but instead has tried to help more people than anyone will ever know!!.

I dont know the guy. I use to follow him on twitter and read his posts but from what i saw I would say he was one of the good guys.

As also is Graham Webber I would add.

Its a shame as it would massively benefit our situation if all these guys includinig Matt Hall all got on and clubbed together. They all have an extremly good knowledge of the subject and are powerful voices.
    Last edited by lowpaidworker; 30 April 2020, 10:36.

Leave a comment:

• pt101
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    Don't know the guy and never will. But in the time he was here, he came across publicly (in my opinion) as a very loose cannon indeed. I would have a very hard time trusting him or beliving anything he said or was involved in. Others may have different opinions, naturally.
    Of course you are entitled to your opinion - however reading this I feel obliged to voice mine. Personally I don’t think that you could be more wrong. Phil is probably one of the most genuine and least likely person to do anything for his own personal monetary gain that I have ever come across. In fact I’d go as far as to say that I suspect he could have made an absolute fortune but instead has tried to help more people than anyone will ever know!!.

Leave a comment:

• CockneyRed
    replied
    Originally posted by dammit chloe View Post
    Not exactly. Phil has done massive amounts of stuff for free in the interests of people affected.
    EXACTLY! .... As someone judgementally stated earlier

Leave a comment:

Working...
X