• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Does Couscous make you f*rt?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Couscous is cracked wheat. If you have mild gluten or wheat intolerance then it will make you fart. Unless you are really sensitive when it gives you full on IBS, bloating, mucus filled squits and stomach cramps.
    I always thought it was semolina.

Yes it is

Couscous is a traditional Berber dish of semolina (granules of durum wheat) which is cooked by steaming.
    But semolina isn't always made from wheat

Semolina is the coarse, purified wheat middlings of durum wheat used in making pasta, breakfast cereals, puddings, and couscous. The term semolina is also used to designate coarse middlings from other varieties of wheat, and from other grains such as rice and maize.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Couscous is cracked wheat. If you have mild gluten or wheat intolerance then it will make you fart. Unless you are really sensitive when it gives you full on IBS, bloating, mucus filled squits and stomach cramps.
    You live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Well just had a big plate of noodles, veggies, beef (possibly), pork (maybe) and chicken (hopefully) and already the temperature has gone up by a couple of degrees...

I remember when I was young, my parents used to call them 'trumps' which I think is a brilliant word
    A lass from Castleford introduced me to the word "trumping". It's very descriptive.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Yes of course it makes you fart. All those Berbers sleeping in the Atlas mountains needed a way to keep the tent warm at night without central heating, so they developed food that makes them fart. Likewise, the Dutch developed their mashed spud, cabbage and onion dishes, the Germans and the northern Italians eat sauerkraut and the British eat baked beans. If it's cold at night, the best food is food that makes you fart.
    'tis gems like this that keep me visiting CUK.

Keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Phwoar!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't eat couscous so I voted no. On the few occasions I have, I remember no ill effects but I thought couscous was just rice?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So who are these freaks that don't fart after eating couscous?
    I don't eat couscous so I voted no. On the few occasions I have, I remember no ill effects but I thought couscous was just rice?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Couscous doesn't just make me fart, it puts me on the toilet for days.

Note to self: need to stock up on gluten free pasta.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That's dealing with the effects.

Far better to stop the cause.

NSFW...might be a bit dangerous when participating in Eproctophilia

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    That's dealing with the effects.

Far better to stop the cause.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    May I suggest:

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    WTF!!!
    Where was he intending to sleep if you weren't hog-tied with your naked arse in the air???
    On the other side of the double bed of course.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No, the image you didn't need was me bollock naked on a double bed in a hotel in Dunkirk, with the duvet twined between my legs like a rope, and my bum in the air.

My roomy, after returning from a bar on a ship, decided to sleep on the floor using the hotel towels as makeshift pillows and blanket.

He does say it was an enduring image.
    WTF!!!
    Where was he intending to sleep if you weren't hog-tied with your naked arse in the air???

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    No, the image you didn't need was me bollock naked on a double bed in a hotel in Dunkirk, with the duvet twined between my legs like a rope, and my bum in the air.

My roomy, after returning from a bar on a ship, decided to sleep on the floor using the hotel towels as makeshift pillows and blanket.

He does say it was an enduring image.

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    When it's really bad in bed Sy02 rolls me on my front and sprays my botty with her perfume. I'm normally awake.
    AAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

You b*stard!!!
    That is an image I REALLY didn't need!!!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X