• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Eeny meeny miny moe"

Collapse

• Paddy
    replied
    How times have changed

https://www.pinterest.com/skibby456/...white-camelia/

Leave a comment:

• Jubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
    Do spiders have toes then?
    Only black ones

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    There was a time when an uproar about racism was about some Nazi thug slashing someone with a razor blade.

I started the video, and in big letters. WARNING THIS VIDEO CONTAINS OFFENSIVE LANGUAGE, and then Clarkson goes "Eeeny meeny miney mo, uh uh uh and let him go"

I mean honestly do we still have a problem with racism? or is this looking for an excuse to get on a soap box and "get indignant".

Shouldn't we be focusing on the climate crisis which could destroy the planet before the decade is out.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 2 May 2014, 21:11.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Reading the story, I was on the side of canning the guy. I've now watched/listened to the footage and can't see what the fuss is.
    I think there is far too much fuss about "words" these days. It would be better if people focussed on intent and meaning instead.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Reading the story, I was on the side of canning the guy. I've now watched/listened to the footage and can't see what the fuss is.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He said he didn't, and anyway so what if he did? If the BBC didn't immediately destroy the footage and order him to do a retake, they're at least as much in the wrong rather than going "OK, that's a wrap".
    BBC like most large organisations are incompetent.

Incompetent firms have a tendency to keep self-incriminating evidence which anyone with an ounce of common sense and logic can use it to argue against them regardless of the lawyers they employ.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It was a program about cars something like a decade ago. Nobody was watching it so they got new people and changed the format to avoid the fate of other 'proper car shows' like 5th Gear, which was to get binned.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    [QUOTE=Pondlife;1931535]It's for people who read Nuts magazine and who think Jordan is a "quality bird"

Maybe it's just my inner snob speaking. It used to be a program about cars but now it's a program about Clarkson being "funny". And by funny I mean "edgy". And by "edgy" I mean "a tw@t"[/QUOTE]

+1

Leave a comment:

• SaltyLevels
    replied
    Normally I would say PC nonsense, but the fact he chose to start the rhyme, then mutter under his breath the rest suggest to me he knew what he was doing. I think hes cocked up this time. I would have thought he would have just said it and argued PC nonsense.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Clarkson didn't say n***** he said uh uh uh

But it worked.

because he said that to wind up the PC brigade....
    Jeremy Clarkson
    If you listened very carefully with the sound turned up, it did appear that I'd actually used the word I was trying to obscure. I was mortified

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    He said it, it's on video.
    He said he didn't, and anyway so what if he did? If the BBC didn't immediately destroy the footage and order him to do a retake, they're at least as much in the wrong rather than going "OK, that's a wrap".

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Clarkson didn't say n***** he said uh uh uh

But it worked.

because he said that to wind up the PC brigade....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Use a word he didn't say, and has categorically stated he loathes? What relevance does that have?

Crap troll.
    He said it on video.

It's not the first time he's been caught using racist words.

Time for him to spend more time with his family.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Use a word he didn't say, and has categorically stated he loathes? What relevance does that have?

Crap troll.
    He said it, it's on video.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Unix View Post
    Would all the people sticking up for Clarkson go into their client-co office and start using the word in meetings etc? I thought not, all keyboard warriors.

Crap troll.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X