• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Ridiculously macho activities & attributes"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Tie your shoelaces one handed?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    12) Learning to fly

4) Clay Pidgeon shooting - It's the one I do. I'm comically bad at golf, so it will give you something to show your skills. You can learn how to shoot well, with golf I'm convinced you can't be taught it.
    piDgeon?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Get a back, sack and crack wax?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    But not in a 'cry on my shoulder and I'll feel your tit' way

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    To be macho, you need to come to the aid of someone on distress in a physical way. Maybe punch a guy robbing some foreigner on the underground.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    BTW I never climbed any cranes. But to pretend otherwise would wreck MF's delusions and I don't want to upset his feelings - hes quite sensitive underneath.
    That will be the double shift down the docks.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    That is indeed quite 'ard. As long as you climb back down so they still have a dad.

Best of luck BP.
    BTW I never climbed any cranes. But to pretend otherwise would wreck MF's delusions and I don't want to upset his feelings - hes quite sensitive underneath.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or climb a crane when you are not allowed to see your kids following divorce.
    That is indeed quite 'ard. As long as you climb back down so they still have a dad.

Best of luck BP.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    None of those things are particularly macho.

Erm, how about meeting your partner, falling in love, going through good and bad times and sticking it out whatever might happen?
    Or climb a crane when you are not allowed to see your kids following divorce.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    In a more idle moment I got to thinking about how it would be funny to pursue some ridiculously macho activities in my leisure time. The idea being... when an old friend gets in touch and asks: "So what have you been up to lately?" - I respond with a list of ridiculously macho activities. I need some help compiling a list. Here are my initial thoughts...

1) Kickboxing
    2) Quad-bike / motorbike riding
    3) Hunting crows/pigeons with a shotgun/airgun
    4) Clay pigeon shooting
    5) Wrestling/Judo/JuJitsu
    6) Weightlifting/gym
    7) Binge-drinking
    8) Eating lots of steak
    9) Getting a short "functional" haircut
    10) Growing a beard
    11) 5hagging a lot of (freely consenting adult) women

Have you any ideas?
    None of those things are particularly macho.

Erm, how about meeting your partner, falling in love, going through good and bad times and sticking it out whatever might happen?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Not many of those seem particularly macho to me

You should cut your own verruca out with a stanley knife like I did last night. Then when it started pissing blood all over the place i passed out.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Not many of those seem particularly macho to me

You should cut your own verruca out with a stanley knife like I did last night. Then when it started pissing blood all over the place i said "I ain't got time to bleed" and it stopped.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Why don't you and your mate spend the summer herding sheep in Wyoming. It'll help you both find out who you really are.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Blimey with that lot you could be Putins boyfriend
    Bare-backing?

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    Some ridiculous twaddle
    What sort of mindless dickwad would think of taking up any activity purely on the basis that he thought some other mindless dickwad would be impressed by it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X