• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How often do you wash your sheets?"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Whether you shower before bed, or not, would make a big difference. I'd still go for every week-ish, but I would imagine that a 2-monther that showers every night might be better than many 2 weekers who don't.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Hmmm... inneresting.

But how do they get in the mattress in the first place?
    get a mattress protector, wash it and hoover the bed when the sheets are off. It keeps the quantity down.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Every sunday all bedding in the house gets washed, dried and ironed. sometimes more often if its really warm

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    My butler informs me that the cleaner changes them weekly.

What's this 'you' business?
    FTFY, are you a contractor or what?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Hmmm... inneresting.

I am pretty sure most mattresses are teeming with microscopic life...

a bit like your eyelashes.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I always thought the bed bugs lived in the mattress and so changing sheets really makes no difference....

but we change ours when you have to hit them with a hammer to fold them.
    Hmmm... inneresting.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    I'll put them in the washer this evening

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Wait till you date a bird that squirts like a fountain. Changing sheets becomes a daily chore!!!
    Don't I know it! Hopefully your final op in Morocco will give us an improvement some time after the summer.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Every week if I remember, failing that every two weeks.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Wait till you date a bird that squirts like a fountain. Changing sheets becomes a daily chore!!!

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    every week.

that reminds me of a phase I went through where I ironed the duvet covers, and ran the iron over the sheets once laid to remove wrinkles.

total waste of time, but I was more OCD then than I am now.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Bed bug: actual size.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by Freaki Li Cuatre View Post
    Oh, not at all. I'm a clean freak.

Whoever you are, you will shed skin in the bed thus attracting bed bugs if you leave your sheets on too long.

I don't know where the bed bugs come from though. Perhaps you need a durty furriner in your bed first.
    I always thought the bed bugs lived in the mattress and so changing sheets really makes no difference....

but we change ours when you have to hit them with a hammer to fold them.

Leave a comment:

• Freaki Li Cuatre
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I bet you change your shirt and trousers every day too.
    Right on bro.

Sounds like you're a candidate for one of my public weekly scrub downs.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I bet you change your shirt and trousers every day too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X