• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "one for the weekend or Monday links"

Collapse

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Does it stop hangovers though?
    Also, if the alcohol dehydrogenase in those yeasts he eats breaks down the alcohol faster than your body can eliminate the byproducts, mainly acetaldehyde, then presumably you'll end up with an excess dose of that, which is then further oxidized to acetic acid.

With all those toxic chemicals swilling about to excess in your body, no wonder companies are concerned about the potential liabilities of the daft idea.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    how to not get drunk on a night out

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livi...212500989.html

I've not tried it but looking forward to CUKer's feedback
    Doesn't work. Both Yeast and the ADH enzyme need a balanced to alkali ph level to be viable. ph in the stomach is 1-2. The yeast will die and the ADH be broken down by the acid long before it does anything to the alcohol.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    "He reached in his bag and withdrew a Perfect Pint glass, the shapely, angle-rimmed piece of glassware his brewery helped design back in 2007 and sent the waiter back to the tap" - I'd like to see him try that in a real British pub

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I was actually hoping for feedback after someone had tried the method.
    I heard that when people go visit MFs wife they eat quite a bit of yeast. Sometimes there may be yoghurt applied too.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    That's only because you are not drinking enough. Just drink more to forget the effects.
    A beer flavoured ponzi scheme. I would like it except it'll always be me whos left with the mess after it collapses.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    But homebrew also makes you drunk.
    Indeed, and at 40p/pint is worth the trouser rotting farts. But not at the clientco. Weekend only activity.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I love beer, but the older I get the harder it is to enjoy a few without feeling the effects
    That's only because you are not drinking enough. Just drink more to forget the effects.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    See previous. Yes (think homebrew).
    But homebrew also makes you drunk.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I want to know if eating the yeast makes you fart too.
    See previous. Yes (think homebrew).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I was actually hoping for feedback after someone had tried the method.

Say after a CUK grubclub outing....

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    That's a good point - if not then stopping you from getting drunk could lead to a ten pint hangover without you realising.

I want to know if eating the yeast makes you fart too.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    The farts. Oh dear god, the farts. Trouser spoiling farts.

For that reason, I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    What's the point? You might as well drink alcohol free beer.
    That misses the whole point. Alcohol is in beer because without it it doesn't taste like beer.

I love beer, but the older I get the harder it is to enjoy a few without feeling the effects.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    What's the point? You might as well drink alcohol free beer.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X