• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Would you go to a gay wedding?"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    From Sandy Toksvig

"To me the sin of Sodom is the way that gay people have been, and continue to be, persecuted in the name of religion. The real crime – shunning those who are strange to you – has been repeated every day to gay people across the world.

Let's not forget the end of the story. The story centres on Lot, who has a very bad day in which his town is destroyed and his wife Sarah is turned into a pillar of salt. He must have felt terrible. He heads to the hills with his daughters where he gets drunk (understandable) and then has sex with his girls (less commendable). More fire and brimstone for this despicable sexual act? No. Honestly, not so much as a rumble of thunder. As a lesson in who you should or shouldn't be poking about with, I feel it lacks a little something.

I am not anti-religion. I just think we need to consider how much understanding of the great texts is about interpretation. Let's not forget, for example, how often the Bible was used to condone slavery. I believe the core of all religion is love. That if you believe in a supreme being, then there is an absolute divine command at the heart of that belief to live a life of love."

Sandi Toksvig: 'Today we can all celebrate whom we choose to love' | Life and style | The Guardian

Eloquently put.
    Sounds like bollocks to me

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    From midnight tonight, gay couples can marry.

Apparently 1 in 5 Britons would turn down an invitation to a gay wedding if they got one

BBC News - Gay weddings: 'Fifth of Britons would turn down invitation'

I'm speculating that most of those would be unlikely to be invited in the first place.

Would you go to a gay wedding?
    One would assume that these are the people with no gay friends. Hence, no reason to go to a gay wedding. Just saying, like...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    From Sandy Toksvig

"To me the sin of Sodom is the way that gay people have been, and continue to be, persecuted in the name of religion. The real crime – shunning those who are strange to you – has been repeated every day to gay people across the world.

Let's not forget the end of the story. The story centres on Lot, who has a very bad day in which his town is destroyed and his wife Sarah is turned into a pillar of salt. He must have felt terrible. He heads to the hills with his daughters where he gets drunk (understandable) and then has sex with his girls (less commendable). More fire and brimstone for this despicable sexual act? No. Honestly, not so much as a rumble of thunder. As a lesson in who you should or shouldn't be poking about with, I feel it lacks a little something.

I am not anti-religion. I just think we need to consider how much understanding of the great texts is about interpretation. Let's not forget, for example, how often the Bible was used to condone slavery. I believe the core of all religion is love. That if you believe in a supreme being, then there is an absolute divine command at the heart of that belief to live a life of love."

Sandi Toksvig: 'Today we can all celebrate whom we choose to love' | Life and style | The Guardian

Eloquently put.

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    Hate begets hate.

We must be compassionate and fill their lives with positivity and light.
    well said gal

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I don't think it's him. This one's a descendent of Pacharan, as shown in his profile pic.
    Zoco has already shown himself to be a Village Idiot contender on other threads.
    He's either a sockie troll or a very stupid real poster - either way just ignore him

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Tis strange you never see Zoco and Gittins Gal at the same time....
    I find it stranger they have similar view points..................

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    F**k me, Yoda is a sockiemaster
    don't you mean Ghandi? the sentence made sense and the words were in the correct order if a bit flowery.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Tis strange you never see Zoco and Gittins Gal at the same time....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Hate begets hate.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I see. We have to patronise the heck out of them.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I could never be gay, it sounds like a right pain in the ar5e.

Leave a comment:

• Gittins Gal
    replied
    Hate begets hate.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Are we now onto second generation CUK cretins?
    They're breeding? With each other? Doesn't sound good.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    At least.

I don't think Pacharan was an original but I can't remember his earlier incarnations.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    I don't think it's him. This one's a descendent of Pacharan, as shown in his profile pic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X