• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "All Blacks Look the alike"

Collapse

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I came unstuck at clientCo.

There are two black ladies, both of whom I'd been dealing with, and it took me some time to realise they were not the same person. They really do look very alike. I felt a bit better about it once I found out they are sisters!
    Sorry to rain on your parade, when those of an African origin say they are "brothers/sisters" its more a fraternal thing not always blood siblings

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I was always amazed by a sikh's colleague to identify someone as muslim or place an Indian / Pakistani by rough geography of their home village. She was never able to explain how she did it.

They have different facial clues to origin, unless you are trained in it, they do all look less different to someone of a different race.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Some people see racism in everything. People of other races do tend to look more alike than those of our own but it it's nowt to do with racism, just that our brains absorb the major factors quicker than the lesser ones. Same as you'd notice if someone is very tall before you notice their hair colour.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Says a witness in the PC Blakelock review. Which we all know is a load of bollocks, they all look quite different. Unlike those little chinky fellas.

BBC News - PC Keith Blakelock murder witness: 'All blacks look alike'
    Not since New Zealand started pretending decent Western Somoans players are really New Zealanders...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    All Blacks Look the alike
    People called Romanes, they go, the house

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

There are two black ladies, both of whom I'd been dealing with, and it took me some time to realise they were not the same person. They really do look very alike. I felt a bit better about it once I found out they are sisters!
    Don't worry about it. The Eek Jr twins are intentionally in opposite parts of the school. One has (always) had long hair, the other has short hair and is 3 inches shorter.

1/2 a year in and we still get stories daily of teachers calling them by the other name.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    This guy is a kinda psychopath. Really scary!
    Who, MF? Oh yeah, we know that.

What's really scary is that it's taken you two years to realise it!

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Says a witness in the PC Blakelock review. Which we all know is a load of bollocks, they all look quite different. Unlike those little chinky fellas.

This guy is a kinda psychopath. Really scary!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

You're forgetting the "to me" part of the statement.

Considering that people can and are used to recognising differences in their own ethnic group it's an honest and not unreasonable statement to make.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

There are two black people, both of whom I'd been dealing with, and it took me some time to realise they were not the same person. They really do look very alike. I felt a bit better about it once I found out they are brother and sister!
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic All Blacks Look the alike

All Blacks Look the alike

Working...
X