• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weird people on public transport"

Collapse

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    Cross Country have 1st class carriages, I take one home most nights. What were you doing in scum class - are you sure you're cut out for contracting?
    You mean the 8 seats in one end of the carriage? With slightly plusher seats...

Not worth the extra. And trains alternate between XC and Arriva Trains Wales (they dont have 1st class) so depends which one I catch.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Sas you being using the tube again?

http://www.hellou.com/wp-content/upl...48587809_n.jpg

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not public transport but I gave a hitchhiker a lift today. After he got out I had to open all the windows because the smell of fags was so strong. People who smoke heavily have no idea what it smells like to non smokers.
    They have very little idea what anything really smells like as their sense of smell and taste is knackered. I say this as an ex smoker.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not public transport but I gave a hitchhiker a lift today. After he got out I had to open all the windows because the smell of fags was so strong. People who smoke heavily have no idea what it smells like to non smokers.

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    its a smelly, noisy, Cross Country train.
    Cross Country have 1st class carriages, I take one home most nights. What were you doing in scum class - are you sure you're cut out for contracting?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    In the interests of balance I think it's fair to point out there are plenty of weirdos, anti-socials, ranting nutters and other loons in my car, and many more just sitting in my house muttering under their breath. This is not a problem unique to public transport.

Meeting me does this to some people.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    In the interests of balance I think it's fair to point out there are plenty of weirdos, anti-socials, ranting nutters and other loons on CUK. This is not a problem unique to public transport.

Modern life does this to some people.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    In the interests of balance I think it's fair to point out there are plenty of weirdos, anti-socials, ranting nutters and other loons in cars, and many more just sitting in their houses muttering under their breath. This is not a problem unique to public transport.

Modern life does this to some people.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    What'd the black lady do to provoke this? Or just be black?

Seems a bit out of order to say the least...
    She didn't say anything. The abuser was a obviously a mental case.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

You don't say.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Was in an off peak tube carriage once with a posh-looking old girl, a businessman and a black lady.
    All of a sudden the posh lady goes into an unprovoked racist rant at the black lady, "you f**** n*******" etc etc.
    I'm sure my mouth was hanging open in amazement and shock.
    The businessman to his credit told her to shut the fook up or he'd have her arrested at the next stop - and then he gave the black lady a hug and asked if she was OK.
    Top bloke - I was too stunned to react and she got off at the next stop.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    On the Northern Line one morning, and as usual things were a bit crowded once we'd got past Chalk Farm. In the priority seat by the door, there was a chap with his head tilted down, wearing a baseball cap. Some snooty-looking woman who'd got on at Hampstead tapped him on the shoulder and said loudly "You should give up your seat to an older person!"

He lifted up his head. As he did so took off his baseball cap, revealing a few wisps of grey hair, and in an injured tone said "I'm eighty-three!"

It's one of the few times I've seen most of a Tube carriage burst out laughing during the morning rush hour
    Was it Zeity?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    On the Northern Line one morning, and as usual things were a bit crowded once we'd got past Chalk Farm. In the priority seat by the door, there was a chap with his head tilted down, wearing a baseball cap. Some snooty-looking woman who'd got on at Hampstead tapped him on the shoulder and said loudly "You should give up your seat to an older person!"

He lifted up his head. As he did so took off his baseball cap, revealing a few wisps of grey hair, and in an injured tone said "I'm eighty-three!"

It's one of the few times I've seen most of a Tube carriage burst out laughing during the morning rush hour

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by craig1 View Post
    Not being a Londoner, I have fun on the tube with people. I try to make eye contact with as many people as possible (not outright staring but just trying to catch their eye). It's fun but I acknowledge I'll probably get stabbed one day by a coke addled investment banker who thinks I'm a tax man.
    They probably think you're a coke addled investment banker who thinks they are a tax man. Or a tax man who thinks they are a coke addled investment banker.

Ironically all the coke addled investment bankers travel in taxis.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X