• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Teenager sues parents who told her to break up with boyfriend"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Not for one minute suggesting she should be able to sue her parents, but are the parents right to dictate that she must ditch the boyfriend? We all make crappy choices in relationships - that's how we learn. Fair enough to say she must be home by 11, fair enough to say he's not allowed in the house, fair enough to express concerns and reasoned disapproval, but to forbid seeing him is enough to drive even a compliant teenager to dig their heels in. Sounds like a stalemate - whatever happened to compromise?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    And who exactly is responsible for that attitude? Kids learn by example.....
    But sometimes even the best parents raise a complete smeghead.

Anyway, she's an adult. How can she claim for child support? I don't understand America.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    hmm how sad.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Partly decided at least.

BBC - Newsbeat - Teenager Rachel Canning sues parents for child support

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    From what I've read the parents of the friend who gave them free legal advice should FOAD.

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    "Her parents filed documents from the state’s Division of Child Protection, showing that they had been cleared of the abuse allegations. Mr Canning told a newspaper that the investigator had concluded that their daughter was “spoilt”.
    He said: “We’re heartbroken, but what do you do when a child says ‘I don’t want your rules but I want everything under the sun and you to pay for it?’

No doubt her equally litigious parents.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    "Her parents filed documents from the state’s Division of Child Protection, showing that they had been cleared of the abuse allegations. Mr Canning told a newspaper that the investigator had concluded that their daughter was “spoilt”.
    He said: “We’re heartbroken, but what do you do when a child says ‘I don’t want your rules but I want everything under the sun and you to pay for it?’

Obviously the blame lies with the grandparents for not setting an example of how to be good parents for the parents to learn so that they could set a good example for the kid.

Duh.

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ScooterScot posts a thread about something other than Scotland. Pass the smelling salts.
    But....it's not much different to Salmonds 'demands'

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    ScooterScot posts a thread about something other than Scotland. Pass the smelling salts.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    let the stupid beeach go

no moneyand let her live in a tulip area

when she has been the sponge in a gangsta gang bang she may reassess her spoilt little life

what a fookin tulipty little brat

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    For the lawyer to suggest that there was anything inappropriate, when it's purely about money in unforgivable IMVHO.

To hold that particular gun to a parent's head has to be the worst.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    She's 18?! Can't they just cut her loose FFS, and wash their hands of the litigious bitch

OH in "How sharper than a serpent's tooth it is to have a thankless child! Away! Away!" mode

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    FTFY
    Apologies!

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Good morning my little furry IT rodents.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

Working...
X