• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How do you know if a woman likes you on a date?"

Collapse

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    Didn't CUK cause your nutter alarm to explode ?
    I had to take the batteries out of mine when I signed up. Now I'm infected

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by socialworker View Post
    Ive always had a fairly good Nutter Alarm and it was ringing quite loudly.
    Didn't CUK cause your nutter alarm to explode ?

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    probably trying to work out why you snuck out the window for no apparent reason.

I'd be mortified if a woman did that to me.
    Well yes and it's not something I would do without a good reason. He really was a bit odd. I was sitting having my lunch when he appeared suddenly wearing only shorts. This was May in North Wales. I should have had more sense really than to accept the date in the first place but it was one way of getting rid of him at the time. I was more adventurous in those days but Ive always had a fairly good Nutter Alarm and it was ringing quite loudly.
    Last edited by socialworker; 25 February 2014, 01:07. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I only ever sneaked out of a date once. Met the bloke halfway up a Welsh mountain and agreed to meet him for pub dinner later. Met in large busy pub, got funny gut feeling about him, said I was going to the ladies and snuck out. Later found he had been trying to track me down , creepy.
    probably trying to work out why you snuck out the window for no apparent reason.

I'd be mortified if a woman did that to me.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Later found he had been trying to track me down , creepy.

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    It's a fine line and one that can only be met by pure luck. I did the dating thing for quite a while for a period awhile ago and it's impossible to get right. I always though first date over a meal was the best way as you could talk about the food if the date wasn't going well. I then get told by numerous girly friends that they don't want a meal as if they don't want to be there they are stuck. Poppycock I though. A couple of weeks later I go on a date at the Trafford Centre and my date goes to the loo after the starter and ****s off. Embarrassing at the time but a great story. To save my blushes she text me from the car park saying she had an attack of the nerves can we do it again. My reply consisted of off and **** in no particular order.

I did however, expect to pay for the meal. Although being as tight as a gnats chuff I am a bit of an old gent and believe paying for the meal is my job. I learnt to offer, if she said no argue it once and if she said no again then let it be. I can respect modern women wanting to go dutch. Thing is, hands up how many guys have copped a withering stare from women for not holding the door open? I mean, if you want to go dutch then you can open your own ******* door as well. Can't have it both ways.

So... after the meals polava and some advice from an introduction agency first date was always over a coffee with a set time so the lady knew there was a get out, say an hour. If she liked the company she could stay but that was the exception. If she didn't she knew there was a get out with no embarrassing excuses. What happens? All my lady friends called it clinical and where is the romance? **** me. Can't bloody win.

Ended up meeting a lady for half an hour which cost me £30 and the rest, as you all know, is history.
    I only ever sneaked out of a date once. Met the bloke halfway up a Welsh mountain and agreed to meet him for pub dinner later. Met in large busy pub, got funny gut feeling about him, said I was going to the ladies and snuck out. Later found he had been trying to track me down , creepy.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I find the whole idea of anyone paying for me embarrassing and awkward. But that's my social gaucheness.

Having said that, I got bought lunch today
    You are my kind of contractor

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Or she pays and then sleeps with you?
    Sooner or later they all pay

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    She sleeps with you at the end of it?
    Or she pays and then sleeps with you?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    How do you know if a woman likes you on a date?

She sleeps with you at the end of it?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Ended up meeting a lady for half an hour which cost me £30 and the rest, as you all know, is history.
    Ah. CUK's very own Pretty Woman

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    But you would both make sure you got a copy of the receipt?
    you know me too well

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BigTime View Post
    The only person I would split the bill with is another contractor.
    But you would both make sure you got a copy of the receipt?

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    The only person I would split the bill with is another contractor.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Thing is, hands up how many guys have copped a withering stare from women for not holding the door open? I mean, if you want to go dutch then you can open your own ******* door as well. Can't have it both ways.
    Yes you can,

I will generally pay for my own meal, but the holding door open thing – that’s basic manners, if I get to a door 1st I will open it, if the other I am with gets their first I expect them to open it.

BGG had a great line on this; once he opened a door for a lady & she demanded to know “did you open the door because I was a lady?” his classic response was “No, I did it because I am a gentleman”

Leave a comment:

Working...
X