• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How many valentine cards did you get?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    It was from GF#1!!!! Written by one of her friends!

At least I've passed the infidelity honeytrap!

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    That's very sweet of you EO.

Does she have big knockers?
    Aaand I have received rep from EO. Better not say what it said

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Ooh yes, postmark! Where was it posted?
    jubilee sorting office - covers a lot of GU area.

The only giveaway is the handwriting is unusual in the way the "d" and "a" are shaped. Should be fairly quick to spot similar so I'll check GF#1's daughter first of all, then GF#2 then my list of stalkers, including my ex-wife.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    IIRC, the last V card I received was in 1991.

Or was it 1992?

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Ticktock
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Because nothing says "I love you" like the faint whiff of petrol
    You're thinking of chloroform.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Mudskipper stopped at the garage on the way home last night and bought the least squashed of the two remaining cards for Mr ms. She's hardly likely to be organised or motivated enough to send cards to colleagues - especially ones that already have more girlfriends than strictly necessary.

(I think you're confusing us with eek/SMac)
    Because nothing says "I love you" like the faint whiff of petrol

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    It's hard to tell who sent it as there are so many potential contacts within the catchment area of the sorting office...!
    Ooh yes, postmark! Where was it posted?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Mudskipper stopped at the garage on the way home last night and bought the least squashed of the two remaining cards for Mr ms. She's hardly likely to be organised or motivated enough to send cards to colleagues - especially ones that already have more girlfriends than strictly necessary.

It's hard to tell who sent it as there are so many potential contacts within the catchment area of the sorting office...!

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you cant tell someones gender from their writing. can you ?
    "Generally speaking, most studies have shown better than chance success at guessing the gender of a writer by handwriting, with the average success rate at about two out of three."

here

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    My daughter is 22 and lives with her mum, she doesnt have a fella at the mo, so I thought I would send her an anonymous V card.
    That's very sweet of you EO.

Does she have big knockers?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Cards? Don't need any. Too busy

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Have you got a sample of Mudskippers handwriting handy?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I didn't get one. A fact I am now milking remorselessly with MrsB, having got her a card, and some chocs and booked a table at her favourite restaurant.

None of which would have mattered but for the fact that 2 weeks ago she decided that after 12 years together we should actually bother with Valentines day after all and got quite aerated about it when I suggested otherwise
    Milking your gassy wife. Romantic.

Leave a comment:

• Pogle
    replied
    I got a card and lovely box of chocs from hotel chocolate.
    Himself got breakfast in bed a card and a pair of chocolate bunnies.

Daughter got a card from the cat

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    I didn't get one. A fact I am now milking remorselessly with MrsB, having got her a card, and some chocs and booked a table at her favourite restaurant.

None of which would have mattered but for the fact that 2 weeks ago she decided that after 12 years together we should actually bother with Valentines day after all and got quite aerated about it when I suggested otherwise

Leave a comment:

Working...
X