• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Constipation

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Constipation"

Collapse

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Ah, the fabled brown note?
    Brown note....?

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Perhaps targetted sound waves could cause the impacted stool to break up.
    Ah, the fabled brown note?

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Perhaps targetted sound waves could cause the impacted stool to break up.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    For removing ear-wax, they use either a low-pressure water jet or a high-pressure air micro-jet. The latter breaks the wax up. I wonder if there's a potential for application if similar technology here... I don't believe that's quite the purpose of an enema, that's just filling you with water rather than breaking things up?
    Colonic irrigation is the name for that I think.

The enemas I've had have all contained various stuff to encourage going, soften things up and lubricate.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    For removing ear-wax, they use either a low-pressure water jet or a high-pressure air micro-jet. The latter breaks the wax up. I wonder if there's a potential for application if similar technology here... I don't believe that's quite the purpose of an enema, that's just filling you with water rather than breaking things up?
    I think an enema generaly contains soap so it also 'oils the wheels' as it were.
    I don't think you're suggesting that a constipated person should hot foot it to their local garage?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Would muscle relaxant e.g. amyl nitrate help, anyone reckon... widen the tunnel...
    Might have done. Lidocaine ointment to lessen the pain helped a bit.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Ouch. And yeah, once it's time to go and it's already hard - you're a little stuffed. An old-fashioned treatment used to be rolling a cannon-ball on your belly to physically break it up... I sometimes wonder if something along those lines i.e. physical rather than medicinal would work.

Would muscle relaxant e.g. amyl nitrate help, anyone reckon... widen the tunnel...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Easier than using a caclulator
    Log tables might work.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    It's basic maths. Work it out with a pencil.
    Easier than using a caclulator

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    I'm glad someone finally posted the joke. I was about to complain that this thread was missing its essential "mathematician work it out with a pencil" joke

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Glad you are rid of the monster. I was about to suggest using an electric egg whisk

mind you, there is always next time

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Phew, that's a load off my your mind.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

This one is a proper bastard, rock hard and the size of a housebrick. Ruined my day it has.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Victory is mine!

Although it does appear I'll need to call a plumber.

Well done, that man.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X