• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another Zionist Actress - quits supporting Oxfam"

Collapse

• RetSet
    replied
    Originally posted by RedSauce View Post
    Can't argue with an aid charity that opposes trade with illegal settlements.
    Legitimate spoils of war.

Three bullying neighbours ganged up.

Israel kicked all their arses, then rested on the seventh day.

What's the issue?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    It's not a chip, it's just the ridiculous comments you come out with. You talk of no coherent point? Have you read what you have just written? Can you not see the flaw in almost every statement you have made there? It is obvious that the mentality of many middle eastern nations is backwards in some aspects but there are 2 sides to every story. The way France and Britain carved out the Middle East is not of minor historic relevance, neither is the UK's contribution towards the atrocity committed against the Palestinians (It does make me question the details of the Holocaust when I see a people oppress immediately after being oppressed, you would think they would be the first to understand).

One thing you do have a point with is the lack of ambiguity that comes with the Israelis - they refuse to continue stealing and confiscating land (be it Lebanon, Syria, Palestine) and continue to insist on their right to exist while refusing the right of say Palestine to exist. They will continue to repress and terrorise people and insist that they are the oppressed. So I kind of get what you are saying there - you know where you stand with them.

Your last statement is laughable - They invaded and terrorised South Lebanon for decades, continue to launch strikes against the Syrian government and stole land from both Lebanon and Syria - surely the best way to make friends with your neighbours right? They do, however, have some alliances - funnily enough they are with the funders, supporters and founders of Al-Qaeda in the middle-east.
    Your attitude is worthy of a Syrian politician. as you say there are two sides to every story. presumably therefore there were reasons why Israel have attacked Syria, lebanon etc.
    My point stands that Israel is an example of a western democracy that works well. it is therefore a target for the totalitarian regimes that surround it as its very existence is a threat to the status of their governments. Then in the West we have people like you who think that you can score moral points ("I feel sympathy for the Palestinians ! that's cos "I care!!!") without putting your hand in your own pocket or going out there to give humanitarian aid. No, it is much easier for you to pick out the Israelis and liken their behaviour to Nazi Germany. I am sure the victims of the holocaust would enjoy your twisted moral equivalence.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    Primary Source 2.29 Pliny the Elder, Natural History

"All men are in the same condition from their final day as they were before their first day. Neither body nor mind has any sensation after death, any more than it did before birth. It is vanity that extends itself into the future and creates for itself a life lasting beyond death, sometimes giving the soul immortality, sometimes transfiguration, sometimes giving senses to those below, and worshipping ghosts and making a god of one who has already ceased to be even a man. It is as if man’s method of breathing were different from that of other animals and no one predicts a similar immortality for other animals that live as long. But in itself what is the substance of the soul? What is its material? Where is its thought? How does it see, hear and touch? What use does it get from these senses, or what good can it have without them? Next, where is the home and how great is the crowd of all the souls and shades of the ages? These are childish delusions and the inventions of mortality greedy for unceasing life."

Not all the ancients were superstitous fools.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Whether Buddhism is a religion or not is definitely up for argument, but ignoring that:

There are an awful lot of Gods, ghosts, wilful spirits & reincarnations in that list. None of which are founded in any kind of empirical evidence or reason.
    People who study their faith (as opposed to people who grow up in it and never critically question it) and continue to believe (or who come to faith from atheism or agnosticism) do so precisely because they have empirical evidence for it being true.

It is a fallacy that all faith is blind faith and contrary to reason. You may not personally find the evidence satisfactory and reasonable, but that is entirely another matter.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Shinto
    Buddhism
    Sikhism
    Whether Buddhism is a religion or not is definitely up for argument, but ignoring that:

There are an awful lot of Gods, ghosts, wilful spirits & reincarnations in that list. None of which are founded in any kind of empirical evidence or reason.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    I didn't know that Scarlett Johansson supported those poor people living beneath the Earth who are living on the brink of extinction from the machines. I didn't know that Soda Streams where a creation of the Matrix.
    Can't see why they needed Ms Johansson in the first place.

Let's Get bizzy...!

qh

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    I didn't know that Scarlett Johansson supported those poor people living beneath the Earth who are living on the brink of extinction from the machines. I didn't know that Soda Streams where a creation of the Matrix.
    Last edited by sbakoola; 30 January 2014, 21:59.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    You're on drugs aren't you?
    Not at all. It's just where my enquiring and questioning is leading me to. Key components to a true religion:
    - Objectivity
    - No Finality
    - Evolution and Growth

All the "religions" you refer to lack in one or more of those areas.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I mean to say there is a religion above all religions which is the true religion. All religions have an element of truth within them, but if you can liberate yourself from these labels, cults and look for the universal truth then you would be following religion as it should be.....
    You're on drugs aren't you?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    The banality of your posts on these subjects it just too tiresome.
    But you obviously read it and had to make a suitable banal comment

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    And how many deaths has Jesus or Mohammed or any other son of God led to?
    The banality of your posts on these subjects it just too tiresome.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I understand religions very clearly, they're all; without exception; instruments for the exercise of political and tribal control, religions have exactly nothing to do with belief.
    So you must be quite well read? Perhaps some studies in theology and philosophy? I should hope so, because if there is something worse than ignorance it's arrogance.... There is an awful lot of literature and full libraries of knowledge and learning, simply closing yourself off and thinking you know it all is the absolute height of ignorance.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    In a sense yes - religion as we understand it.
    I understand religions very clearly, they're all; without exception; instruments for the exercise of political and tribal control, religions have exactly nothing to do with belief.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Rubbish, there's never at any time been religion in an untarnished state, you're trying to paint your belief and religion a credible colour to support your arguments and failing completely.
    In a sense yes - religion as we understand it.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    But it is real religion and has been for a long time, its just its their religion and not yours. Thats why religious wars are fought...
    I mean to say there is a religion above all religions which is the true religion. All religions have an element of truth within them, but if you can liberate yourself from these labels, cults and look for the universal truth then you would be following religion as it should be.....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X