• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another Zionist Actress - quits supporting Oxfam

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Marx's crazy ideas lead to the deaths of over 100 million people in the 20th century.

If Marx is to be referenced in the promotion of atheism then it is time to start praying.
    And how many deaths has Jesus or Mohammed or any other son of God led to?
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      And how many deaths has Jesus or Mohammed or any other son of God led to?
      I never understand why people continue to blame those who bring a religion for the actions of those who turn the religion upside down. It's like blaming democracy for the rise of Hitler but worse - Jesus for example came with a universal human message, politicians and leaders are able to interpret the religion in the way they want to justify their actions be it crusade or otherwise. The same goes for every religion which is at it's very core a universal human message which is in sync with all that is good.
      Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 30 January 2014, 20:25.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        All religions teach one thing - Your greatest enemy is ignorance. One who is ignorant of the true teachings of religion will remain unable to comprehend the beauty contained within it.
        What a load of utter ballcocks.

The greatest friend of religions throughout time is ignorance, an ignorant uneducated populace is easy for religious leaders to influence, indoctrinate and shape, throw in poor communications and it's even better.

You're either incredibly naive or painfully thick (and indoctrinated) if you believe a word of what you typed.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          Oh dear we do have a chip about this. You cannot even make a coherent point. It is quite fashionable amongst the chattering lefties to denigrate Israel and patronise the perpetrators of totalitarianism and religious oppression by berating them.
          And when the logic runs out there is always the conspiracy theories to fall back on.

What I admire about the Israelis is the lack of ambiguity of their policies and behaviour. A refreshing attitude compared to the what comes from the apologists of Middle eastern repression.

They seem to be doing their best with their neighbours by forming alliances. You dont seem to understand much beyond your indignant bigoted raging,
          It's not a chip, it's just the ridiculous comments you come out with. You talk of no coherent point? Have you read what you have just written? Can you not see the flaw in almost every statement you have made there? It is obvious that the mentality of many middle eastern nations is backwards in some aspects but there are 2 sides to every story. The way France and Britain carved out the Middle East is not of minor historic relevance, neither is the UK's contribution towards the atrocity committed against the Palestinians (It does make me question the details of the Holocaust when I see a people oppress immediately after being oppressed, you would think they would be the first to understand).

One thing you do have a point with is the lack of ambiguity that comes with the Israelis - they refuse to continue stealing and confiscating land (be it Lebanon, Syria, Palestine) and continue to insist on their right to exist while refusing the right of say Palestine to exist. They will continue to repress and terrorise people and insist that they are the oppressed. So I kind of get what you are saying there - you know where you stand with them.

Your last statement is laughable - They invaded and terrorised South Lebanon for decades, continue to launch strikes against the Syrian government and stole land from both Lebanon and Syria - surely the best way to make friends with your neighbours right? They do, however, have some alliances - funnily enough they are with the funders, supporters and founders of Al-Qaeda in the middle-east.

Comment

I never understand why people continue to blame those who bring a religion for the actions of those who twist the religion upside down. It's like blaming democracy for the rise of Hitler but worse - Jesus for example came with a universal human message, politicians and leaders are able to interpret the religion in the way they want to justify their actions be it crusade or otherwise. The same goes for every religion which is at it's very core a universal human message which is in sync with all that is good.
            Eh?

Romans 13:4

For he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer.
            I like this one though:

Matthew 6:24

“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.
            To which I reply:

Money is my God. If you think God will help you then quit your job and see how much he cares. - Mike Tyson
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
              What a load of utter ballcocks.

The greatest friend of religions throughout time is ignorance, an ignorant uneducated populace is easy for religious leaders to influence, indoctrinate and shape, throw in poor communications and it's even better.

You're either incredibly naive or painfully thick (and indoctrinated) if you believe a word of what you typed.
              I'm probably not making myself that clear because I kind of agree with you. The institutionalised religion in the modern world does indeed want to keep everybody ignorant to keep it like a cult, what I speak of is the original untarnished religion, unaffected by institutionalisation, bias, politics and selfish interests.

Comment

[QUOTE=darmstadt;1880431]Eh?

What bit don't you understand - I am saying it is nothing to do with original religion, it is just people's constructed interpretations. This is always going to happen with religion as everybody will want to use it as a vehicle to get to their destination, it does not mean that religion is inherently bad or seeking to make people ignorant.

Comment

It's not a chip, it's just the ridiculous comments you come out with. You talk of no coherent point? Have you read what you have just written? Can you not see the flaw in almost every statement you have made there? It is obvious that the mentality of many middle eastern nations is backwards in some aspects but there are 2 sides to every story. The way France and Britain carved out the Middle East is not of minor historic relevance, neither is the UK's contribution towards the atrocity committed against the Palestinians (It does make me question the details of the Holocaust when I see a people oppress immediately after being oppressed, you would think they would be the first to understand).
                  So your now judging others by your own standards, not very compassionate is it? Who's to say that your mentality is backwards compared to theirs. I suspect that you're condemning their religious outlook by yours which just goes to feed the flames of the anti-religion brigade...

Comment

So your now judging others by your own standards, not very compassionate is it? Who's to say that your mentality is backwards compared to theirs. I suspect that you're condemning their religious outlook by yours which just goes to feed the flames of the anti-religion brigade...
                    Do you think that not allowing women to drive, work or take part in politics is backwards? I said earlier that all that is not evolving and growing can not be real religion.

Comment

[QUOTE=NorthWestPerm2Contr;1880434]
                      Eh?

What bit don't you understand - I am saying it is nothing to do with original religion, it is just people's constructed interpretations. This is always going to happen with religion as everybody will want to use it as a vehicle to get to their destination, it does not mean that religion is inherently bad or seeking to make people ignorant.
                      I'm not saying it is bad but I'm not saying it is good. Every person has their own choice, apparently, but once you have a religion you don't have that freedom of choice because similar to many 'isms' those are now the rules you are expected to live by. As to religion making people ignorant, well I think it does to some extent by excluding them from aspects of life which are forbidden to them by the rules of their religion. Would rather be a blind person who could see or become that blind person having once seen?

Comment

Working...
                      X