• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Yuletide marriage guidance"

Collapse

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    I find most women (I never actually witness men doing the laundry) never think about how it actually works, that water gets squirted up from below and needs clearance around each item. Similarly they routinely overload the washing machine despite it being obvious that things need space to clean and dry properly.

Do you ever get the 'I've been washing all day' quote? that's at best sorting and loading for 5mins then wait 2 hrs, transfer to dryer, wait another hour.
    I've been doing plenty of laundry with my bench time. The folding and putting away of clothes is what takes the time. I imagine ironing would increase the workload significantly, but my work shirts are all that get ironed in my house

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Well if it's all such a doddle, and you're so much better at it, then there's an obvious solution.
    oh dear, sounds like he nicked the covers last night. Chill MS, you haver to make it through new years.

Remember its an honour to wash my Shreddies!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    I find most women (I never actually witness men doing the laundry) never think about how it actually works, that water gets squirted up from below and needs clearance around each item. Similarly they routinely overload the washing machine despite it being obvious that things need space to clean and dry properly.

Do you ever get the 'I've been washing all day' quote? that's at best sorting and loading for 5mins then wait 2 hrs, transfer to dryer, wait another hour.
    Well if it's all such a doddle, and you're so much better at it, then there's an obvious solution.

Leave a comment:

• BigRed
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    The dishwasher thing baffles me. Mrs MUN loads it such that half the space is wasted. I never bother telling her, I just move them around an put the rest of the stuff in when he is not looking.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Ah, so you put the butter back in the right place then....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Marital harmony now restored.
    You shared a bar of chocolate?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Ah, so you and attractive lady friend gave him a blowy then....
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Ah, so you gave him a blowy then....

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Portion? You back working in that chip shop again?
    either that or he's been watching Jethro DVDs

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Is that how MrMS has been treating you? If you ever need a portion, I will oblige. At my age its a huge undertaking - but I feel I should behave as a gentleman.
    Portion? You back working in that chip shop again?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    At this time of forced proximity to our nearest and dearest, here's a few hints and tips for you gentlemen.

1) Think about the ratio of positive to negative things you say to your partner

If all you've said over the last two days is:

You've loaded the dishwasher wrong
    The brussel sprouts could have done with a bit longer
    You've cross threaded the lid on the cranberry jelly
    Did you have to put the sandwich toaster there?
    You're treading mud into the carpet
    Who finished the toilet paper and didn't bring a new one up?
    You've put the butter back in the wrong place
    You've tipped the Pringles sideways
    Can you shut the door? You're always leaving it open

Don't be surprised if she doesn't fancy nookie tonight. (Or ever.)
    Is that how MrMS has been treating you? If you ever need a portion, I will oblige. At my age its a huge undertaking - but I feel I should behave as a gentleman.

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    I'm still waiting for my Christmas turkey to be cooked....

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    +1 Except the dishwasher one. I've heard loads of arguments from different couples re the female partners inability to stack the thing in an order that means the machine can do it's stuff.
    It's a dishwasher, not a friggin' game of tetris.
    Quite. Anyway, I leave mine to the kids. They load, they unload. The main thing is to leave enough space for the water to circulate.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    The only correct way to load the dishwasher is not to own one, unless you're running a hotel or have a family of ten.

The very concept is the height of absurdity, and it's just as easy to wash plates and cutlery in the sink.

Washing machines OTOH are the complete opposite, and a real Godsend.
    If you have kids and actually cook proper meals they are a necessity.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X