• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yuletide marriage guidance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    It's a dishwasher, not a friggin' game of tetris.
    To some it is, and it's a point to smugly-smuggle-smuggety-smuggety-schmoo their way into authority over anyone. There's no rules other than to and say, NO - wrong! And then show you that "teaspoons go bowl up, but dessert spoons go bowl down" as they just made it up.

It is just a fricking dishwasher. Take your superiority complex elsewhere you sad pencil dick.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      To some it is, and it's a point to smugly-smuggle-smuggety-smuggety-schmoo their way into authority over anyone. There's no rules other than to and say, NO - wrong! And then show you that "teaspoons go bowl up, but dessert spoons go bowl down" as they just made it up.

It is just a fricking dishwasher. Take your superiority complex elsewhere you sad pencil dick.
      The problem is if it doesn't get loaded and put on you end up with no cutlery and no space left in the kitchen to prepare food. So half loading it, then just piling tulip up in the sink cos it's full, rather than putting it on, is ******* stupid. So is waiting to put it on because there is space for one more plate when it already has all the cutlery in it. Are you really going to delay it four hours and end up having a takeaway for dinner because of that?
      Last edited by doodab; 27 December 2013, 11:18.
      While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Theres only one correct way to load the dishwasher and that's get the wife to do it. Or EternalOptimist if he's around so he can demonstrate leadership.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Oddly enough it's my wife that is obsessive about filling the dish washer. I no longer bother going anywhere near it because i will always be wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Theres only one correct way to load the dishwasher and that's get the wife to do it. Or EternalOptimist if he's around so he can demonstrate leadership.
            The only correct way to load the dishwasher is not to own one, unless you're running a hotel or have a family of ten.

The very concept is the height of absurdity, and it's just as easy to wash plates and cutlery in the sink.

Washing machines OTOH are the complete opposite, and a real Godsend.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Feck it, I'm off to bed.

I'll leave him to Match of the Day.
              wish my wife was as considerate.

Comment

The dishwasher thing baffles me. Mrs MUN loads it such that half the space is wasted. I never bother telling her, I just move them around an put the rest of the stuff in when he is not looking.
                "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  The only correct way to load the dishwasher is not to own one, unless you're running a hotel or have a family of ten.

The very concept is the height of absurdity, and it's just as easy to wash plates and cutlery in the sink.

Washing machines OTOH are the complete opposite, and a real Godsend.
                  If you have kids and actually cook proper meals they are a necessity.
                  While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    +1 Except the dishwasher one. I've heard loads of arguments from different couples re the female partners inability to stack the thing in an order that means the machine can do it's stuff.
                    It's a dishwasher, not a friggin' game of tetris.
                    Quite. Anyway, I leave mine to the kids. They load, they unload. The main thing is to leave enough space for the water to circulate.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm still waiting for my Christmas turkey to be cooked....

Comment

Working...
                      X