• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's christmassssssss"

Collapse

• Ticktock
    replied
    Finished all my work. Now furiously scrubbing my hard drive (anyone got a magnet?) before I delete the back up and get the hell out of here.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I'm off for two weeks, then a final week in the office before I'm benched (self-inflicted). Will start looking for something new after Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Back in the 90s we always used to decorate all the ceilings with paper chains and the like. Does anyone still do that stuff? (Did you ever do it?)
    Back in the 70s I once decorated my bedroom with streamers made of punched paper tape from school's PDP-8/e, mainly development versions of my matrix manipulation programs

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    ClientCo's EndClientCo signed off on the site yesterday, leaving nothing for me to do until the New Year, so I finished (immediately after invoicing, of course) at half five yesterday

After an extremely long lie-in this morning, this afternoon will mostly be devoted to the preparation and consumption of a large fry-up

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    May the theatre ceilings be firmly attached for you.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well as no one asked.

Today work until I get to a sensible end point then wait in office till my wife arrives with Children in tow....

Then continue drive south and find the Travelodge we are staying in.

Tomorrow: continue drive to the Lizard.

Next week: sod all but probably entertaining 5 children at certain points in time.

Next Weekend: Drive Cornwall to London. Shopping and theatre trips.

New Years eve: Return home

Jan 2nd: Entertainment resumes as I'm back at clientco......

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruprect View Post

Merry Christmas Suity
    And to you sir. I'll pop a piece of coal on for you.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Was English your first language?

Moron.

Merry Christmas Suity

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    "It's" ?

Was English your first language?

Moron.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    "It's" ?

"It's" is a contraction for "It is". HTH.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Ah a weekend thread...

Fri: planning food recipes for the weekend, MMO gaming (L4D2, Borderlands 2)

Sat: Wrapping Xmas presents for GF#1 and family, cooking Heston Blumenthal's Whisky gums, cinnamon ice cream, mulled wine sorbet, sticky toffee pudding and Marco Pierre White's Harveys Lemon Tart and lemon soufflés.

Sun: Finishing off any cooking and planning my menu's for my Plan B.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Working 'til 24th then drinking champers when back home. Maximum Warchest.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    It's called a professional working day my friend. The first word may be new for you.
    If you were at all professional you couldn't post half the stories you do
    Last edited by eek; 20 December 2013, 10:52.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    It's called a professional working day my friend. The first word may be new for you.
    Yep Professional as in what needs to be done that day. It doesn't mean work 9/10 hour days every day of the week.

I have three hours of work to get things to a point where everything is stable. The next bit of work after that is 12 hours long so not a pray of doing it before my holiday.

As such I'll be professional get it to that stable point, confirm it works and leave everything ready for a fresh start on Jan 2nd...

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    "It's" ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X