• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Please sign this

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Please sign this"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Coalman View Post
    What an amazing result!

When does you son stand for PM - I'll vote!
    He'll never become PM as he supports UKIP - when I say support he knows Farrage as they speak fairly often. They wanted him to speak at their last 2 conferneces but he couldn't do it due to school commitments.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    What an amazing result!

When does you son stand for PM - I'll vote!

Leave a comment:

• rd409
    replied
    Signed and shared! Good luck in getting things rolled out in time for Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Well it looks like he's won. He got a call from George Galloway to expect a call from some big wig at Amazon. This evening he got a call and was told that they are going to start providing Audio Description on all films where the audio description track is provided - pretty much all DVD's at the moment. This is after months of being told its not cost effective by NetFlix, Sky and Amazon and even the minister who represents disabled people.

No time scales yet but things are looking good.
    Epic win!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    surely there is some legal requirement as well?
    Well the minister responsible for the disabled didn't seem to think so when my son spoke to him a couple of months ago. The minister was firmly on the side of the streaming companies saying that it was too expensive.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
    Great news and well done to your son.

It's a win-win for Amazon too, as they get to show their "caring" side.
    surely there is some legal requirement as well?

Leave a comment:

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Great news and well done to your son.

It's a win-win for Amazon too, as they get to show their "caring" side.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Well it looks like he's won. He got a call from George Galloway to expect a call from some big wig at Amazon. This evening he got a call and was told that they are going to start providing Audio Description on all films where the audio description track is provided - pretty much all DVD's at the moment. This is after months of being told its not cost effective by NetFlix, Sky and Amazon and even the minister who represents disabled people.

Nice to hear some good news on CUK. And thanks for letting us know.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    People can hold really wacky political opinions, but still care about individuals. It's the ideologues and the "toe-the -party-line" mob who are really scary.

Keep up the pressure. Publicise the fact that Amazon have committed to this. Then, if they don't do anything you can hold their feet to the fire. I mean, lying to a blind kid!

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    It was my son who got Galloway involved. He's been speaking to him for years. He got him involved specifically because he has a bit of media clout - much of it negative but he can grab headlines and, like with this, open doors.
    sometimes I think Galloway actually cares, he may have some odd ideas most of the times.

well done impressive result.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    So you should be. Galloway was the conduit, or the key to open the door. Sounds like your son was the catalyst behind the result so it's a hat tip from me.
    It was my son who got Galloway involved. He's been speaking to him for years. He got him involved specifically because he has a bit of media clout - much of it negative but he can grab headlines and, like with this, open doors.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    James did the rest. And yes I'm very proud of him.
    So you should be. Galloway was the conduit, or the key to open the door. Sounds like your son was the catalyst behind the result so it's a hat tip from me.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Actually Galloway was very useful. An unknown 17 year old contacting Amazon will get nowhere. Galloway, for all his faults managed to get in touch with the right person and setup the call to my son. James did the rest. And yes I'm very proud of him.

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied

What an impressive result. You must be chuffed with that. Apart from having George Galloway involved, obviously.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Well done....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X