• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "So who's doing what for the Doctor Who Weekend? (merged with "No more Dr Who")"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    I'm taking Mr C out for his birthday, to the local IMAX to see Gravity. so I'm going to record it (not as good but real life comes first).
    It's hardly "real life comes first" if you're taking him to watch a sci-fi film instead of watching a sci-fi film at home.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Compulsory family viewing at NAT house. It got a bit tired in the 3rd Tennant series, but picked up with Matt Smith. All round good fun. Won a few nebula and hugo awards, IIRC.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Is it still in black and white?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    interesting

my family (and me to a lesser extent) have lapped up the new Dr Who series

some of the episodes (Blink springs to mind - the one with the weeping angels) have been very clever and very well thought through.

although sometimes there just seem to be ridiculous plot twists to get the starts out of an unwinnable situation (note both Catherine Tate (Donna) and Bille Piper (Rose) have some how looked at the heart of the tardis (or similar and 'become' the doctor to save the day)

having said all that it is just a bit of entertainment and far better than
    Eastenders
    Towie
    Corrie
    Oprah
    Jeremy kyle

etc etc etc etc!

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I've never liked it either

The only thing the BBC made that was worse was Torchwood
    I liked the earlier incarnations ( except McCoy) and then couldn't really get back into it when it came back on.

I blame Russell T Davies.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    I'm taking Mr C out for his birthday, to the local IMAX to see Gravity. so I'm going to record it (not as good but real life comes first).
    It's illegal to record in the cinema

Leave a comment:

• b0redom
    replied
    Bet he can hardly weight.

Leave a comment:

• evilagent
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Indeed.

It's been on for 35 years.

Goddamn BBC can't even get that right.

There is a rumour that William Hartnell was The Lone Gunman on The Grassy Knoll though.

He used the Tardis to get there & back in -5 minutes.

Perfect alibi.

"Not me guv, I was here at the time".
    "Not me guv, I will be here at the time it is going to happen"

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by zoco View Post
    Acting my age and not watching...
    Repeats of Tellytubbies for you then.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I'd love to see it on the big screen but I just don't like cinemas. You always find yourself one row from someone explaining the plot or repeating exactly what just happened to their friend/date.

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    Acting my age and not watching juvenile things that belong on children's hour.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    I wish they'd stop going on about "50 years of Doctor Who". It isn't 50 years, it was off the telly for 15 years(?) in the middle where Doctor Who was just something that people laughed about, just a collective embaressment for the British.

I watched the Christopher Ecllestone ones, some of which were okay. After that it became unbearable and I haven't watched since.

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Stopped watching it when I was 13, it's an absurdly stupid program.
    I've never liked it either

The only thing the BBC made that was worse was Torchwood

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Stopped watching it when I was 13, it's an absurdly stupid program.
    Keep going Russ, you might catch one.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X