• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Mini Boom (and gloom)"

Collapse

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Enjoy the ext and go and have a nice hot choc from Starbucks, I do miss those.

qh
    I tend to make my own brews - keeps the money in the warchest ready for the bench.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Enjoy the ext and go and have a nice hot choc from Starbucks, I do miss those.

qh

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Man you don't give up do you?

The joke has become so dry now that it sucks the moisture out of all the other jokes.
    I was just making a point to SimonMac, not picking on you again...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

The joke has become so dry now that it sucks the moisture out of all the other jokes.
    He's got a point, you've still not technically finished this one yet

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    The transition that NWP2C is talking about it going from perm to finishing a contract which is taking awhile

(old but gold)

Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 30 October 2013, 12:54.

Leave a comment:

• Bellona
    replied

give thanks for the extension.
    My Gig should have finished end of November but got a weeks notice in September.
    Market sooooooooooo quiet it's almost depressing.
    What there is there is taking ages to progress to interviews etc so I'm readying myself for a long sit on the bench - probably till the New Year

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied

Plough on through the next weeks, enjoy Christmas knowing you don't have to go back, enter the New Year refreshed and ready to find the Next Big Thing

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    My transition was quit permie on 25th February 2011, start contracting on 28th February 2011
    The transition that NWP2C is talking about it going from perm to finishing a contract which is taking awhile

(old but gold)

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Absolutely, back in May I was lucky enough to receive several offers. It's a crap market at the moment - either the roles are fake or the rates are too low. Just as I was typing that I got called about a role.... Doesn't feel like a solid one though.
    Same. Good validation, so thanks.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    What's your skill set? Market does seem to have gone quiet. The hardest thing I find is not to let the self doubt creep in. A quiet market is a quiet market and nothing else. Crap time of year to be looking mind.
    Absolutely, back in May I was lucky enough to receive several offers. It's a crap market at the moment - either the roles are fake or the rates are too low. Just as I was typing that I got called about a role.... Doesn't feel like a solid one though.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Just be glad of the extension.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Was due to finish in a few weeks but have now been extended up until Christmas eve. The extra few weeks should give me more breathing space to start looking in Jan. On the other hand I was hoping to find a new role but the market seems dead, the current role is boring me half to death. Oh well can't complain with an extra few weeks of invoicing.
    What's your skill set? Market does seem to have gone quiet. The hardest thing I find is not to let the self doubt creep in. A quiet market is a quiet market and nothing else. Crap time of year to be looking mind.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    My transition was quit permie on 25th February 2011, start contracting on 28th February 2011
    I think permiedom left such a bad scar on my life that it has taken me several years of FREEEEEDDOOOOM to get over it.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    My transition is longer..... 4 years in Feb! wow that went quick

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    You have probably been doing it longer than me, I just don't whine as much

(today's whine in TPD not withstanding)
    My transition is longer..... 4 years in Feb! wow that went quick

Leave a comment:

Working...
X