• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mini Boom (and gloom)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just be glad of the extension.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
      What's your skill set? Market does seem to have gone quiet. The hardest thing I find is not to let the self doubt creep in. A quiet market is a quiet market and nothing else. Crap time of year to be looking mind.
      Absolutely, back in May I was lucky enough to receive several offers. It's a crap market at the moment - either the roles are fake or the rates are too low. Just as I was typing that I got called about a role.... Doesn't feel like a solid one though.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Absolutely, back in May I was lucky enough to receive several offers. It's a crap market at the moment - either the roles are fake or the rates are too low. Just as I was typing that I got called about a role.... Doesn't feel like a solid one though.
        Same. Good validation, so thanks.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          My transition was quit permie on 25th February 2011, start contracting on 28th February 2011
          The transition that NWP2C is talking about it going from perm to finishing a contract which is taking awhile

(old but gold)
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Plough on through the next weeks, enjoy Christmas knowing you don't have to go back, enter the New Year refreshed and ready to find the Next Big Thing

Comment

give thanks for the extension.
              My Gig should have finished end of November but got a weeks notice in September.
              Market sooooooooooo quiet it's almost depressing.
              What there is there is taking ages to progress to interviews etc so I'm readying myself for a long sit on the bench - probably till the New Year
              If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck,it must be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                The transition that NWP2C is talking about it going from perm to finishing a contract which is taking awhile

(old but gold)
                Man you don't give up do you?

The joke has become so dry now that it sucks the moisture out of all the other jokes.
                Last edited by NorthWestPerm2Contr; 30 October 2013, 12:54.

Comment

The joke has become so dry now that it sucks the moisture out of all the other jokes.
                  He's got a point, you've still not technically finished this one yet
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I was just making a point to SimonMac, not picking on you again...
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Enjoy the ext and go and have a nice hot choc from Starbucks, I do miss those.

qh
                      He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Working...
                      X