• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are nanny cams legal"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    As a private individual, you can do whatever you like with a camera in and around your own home. (Well, within reason; hidden bog cams are going to get you into trouble for voyeurism.) You can even film the whole street if you want and nobody can stop you. The legal controls related to the DPA only apply to businesses.

Of course, if you've put the camera through your ltd's books...

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Cheers all.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Explain that the burglar alarm logs when the doors are opened and closed, so you know that it's been less time than you are paying for.

Unless she's giving good webcam action instead, in which case pay her more.
    What TF said. It's a bit weird camming people behind their backs to be honest, something I'd expect of a nerd who can't get any, so perfect for d000hg. I'd simply say what TF said, and say you no longer want the dog walked, unless she does it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    If you get a picture of her fingering your dogs bum hole can you get it on here please. Haven't had a good caption competition thread for ages.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Real Time,GSM/GPS Dog Collar Tracker-Pets hidden GPS tracker for med/Large Dogs | eBay

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Agreed with all - ask for someone other than Suzy Lacker.

If the business owner is as savvy as you think, you'd be doing her a favour anyway.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Explain that the burglar alarm logs when the doors are opened and closed, so you know that it's been less time than you are paying for.

Unless she's giving good webcam action instead, in which case pay her more.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    <Wilmslowesque_post>

IIRC we had a thread about this a while back but I can't find it.

Executive summary: We have a woman that comes in when I'm working away to give the pooch 30mins exercise in the middle of the day. I have a (visible) camera in the room the dog resides that emails me a series of snaphots when the motion sensor is activated.

She's a nice lass and her doggy empire is expanding (good for her) and so she's taken on additional helpers. One of whom is crap. We've had a few no shows and the 30mins is now 10.

Basically, am I setting myself up for any sort of invasion of privacy accusations by presenting my evidence of declining service. I didn't explicitly state that the camera was there but it is in open view.

</Wilmslowesque_post>
    I would start by simply saying to the lady you hired initially that you don't want slacker looking after your dog, and please could she make sure you get someone else. You don't need to say why (although she is likely to ask). If she asks, and you want to tell her, mention your doggie-cam - she must have seen it too.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    I believe you are thinking of the time that d000hg thought his cleaner was taking money?
    That's the one I think.

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Is she walking your sausage dog? Taking rover to the park? Do you find yourself shouting "down boy" when she bends over to scoop the poop?
    <--- Yours

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Damn, I was expecting naked nannies

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    We have a woman that comes in when I'm working away to give the pooch 30mins exercise in the middle of the day.
    Is she walking your sausage dog? Taking rover to the park? Do you find yourself shouting "down boy" when she bends over to scoop the poop?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I believe you are thinking of the time that d000hg thought his cleaner was taking money?

I am not sure whether it was legal or not but ISTR he put a camera somewhere to see what was happening.

Perhaps look for threads started by him and there might be some useful info.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    started a topic Are nanny cams legal

Are nanny cams legal

<Wilmslowesque_post>

IIRC we had a thread about this a while back but I can't find it.

Executive summary: We have a woman that comes in when I'm working away to give the pooch 30mins exercise in the middle of the day. I have a (visible) camera in the room the dog resides that emails me a series of snaphots when the motion sensor is activated.

She's a nice lass and her doggy empire is expanding (good for her) and so she's taken on additional helpers. One of whom is crap. We've had a few no shows and the 30mins is now 10.

Basically, am I setting myself up for any sort of invasion of privacy accusations by presenting my evidence of declining service. I didn't explicitly state that the camera was there but it is in open view.

</Wilmslowesque_post>

Working...
X