• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Foriegn Nationals, Ltd Companies and IR35"

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
    I've just had a look at the board.

Looks like the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa is being heavily worked by the bobs. Key to this seems to be 50k, a business plan and other related documents.

"Thanks everyone. wish everyone good luck with their applications.
    I applied via PSW route with 50k funds.
    Business nature is IT services and products."

"Passport and Tier 1 PSW BRP
    Current Appointment Report (printed off the internet)
    Certificate Of Incorporation
    Filed copy of MOA, AOA, etc
    For 50k- Bank letter & statement
    Company business account statement
    Advertisment material
    -Ad in metro, Gumtree, Yell, consultancyregister.com, Linked in, Facebook, Twitter, etc
    Business plan
    Market research
    2 client contracts
    4-5 client invoices highlighted in business account statement.
    For maintenance funds - personal bank statement
    For english - UK MSc degree certificate
    "

"I have an inquiry and will be highly thankful if you can advise me on it. I have taken money from my family back in home country. We had some known out here in UK, so they took that money in Indian Rupees and deposited cash into my UK account in installments e.g sometimes they deposited 5k, sometimes 7k, sometimes 2k etc.
    Now, I have complete 50k in my account."
    This simple answer here is rather than UKBA spending shedloads investigating provenance etc, just make the visa cost £10k like they did the previous Bob abused Elderly Dependant Visa (i.e. visa for rest of family) - UKBA wised up and made it cost nearly £2k and have only approved one in the last year...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Many being the key word here. I don't think someone in a highly skilled profession could be satisfied living on benefits! Especially after they worked at least 5 years (not counting the years worked abroad prior to the 5 years spent in the UK) in that profession before they got the ILR.

among these, the ICT/Tier 2 folks are no longer eligible for an ILR as far as I know and Tier 1's are a few thousand at most... None of the genuine ones in this category would need to be on benefits. If some in these categories aren't genuine, then it's really a problem with the administration and enforcement rather than a general problem with all immigrants!

Legal low skilled immigration is anyway now closed for those from outside the EU.
    Hence we see on this immigration board 'Entrepreneurs' using the 50k to set up businesses repairing mobile phones or starting care homes in five bed houses.

Face it!

And the standard of English on the Student Visa sub forum - Jesus!

Leave a comment:

• SunnyInHades
    replied
    I've just had a look at the board.

Looks like the UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) visa is being heavily worked by the bobs. Key to this seems to be 50k, a business plan and other related documents.

"Thanks everyone. wish everyone good luck with their applications.
    I applied via PSW route with 50k funds.
    Business nature is IT services and products."

"Passport and Tier 1 PSW BRP
    Current Appointment Report (printed off the internet)
    Certificate Of Incorporation
    Filed copy of MOA, AOA, etc
    For 50k- Bank letter & statement
    Company business account statement
    Advertisment material
    -Ad in metro, Gumtree, Yell, consultancyregister.com, Linked in, Facebook, Twitter, etc
    Business plan
    Market research
    2 client contracts
    4-5 client invoices highlighted in business account statement.
    For maintenance funds - personal bank statement
    For english - UK MSc degree certificate
    "

"I have an inquiry and will be highly thankful if you can advise me on it. I have taken money from my family back in home country. We had some known out here in UK, so they took that money in Indian Rupees and deposited cash into my UK account in installments e.g sometimes they deposited 5k, sometimes 7k, sometimes 2k etc.
    Now, I have complete 50k in my account."

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    many immigrants. Fudge ILR somehow and get on the benefits'.

I don't want to say it in case I sound like a small minded racist bigot.
    Many being the key word here. I don't think someone in a highly skilled profession could be satisfied living on benefits! Especially after they worked at least 5 years (not counting the years worked abroad prior to the 5 years spent in the UK) in that profession before they got the ILR.

among these, the ICT/Tier 2 folks are no longer eligible for an ILR as far as I know and Tier 1's are a few thousand at most... None of the genuine ones in this category would need to be on benefits. If some in these categories aren't genuine, then it's really a problem with the administration and enforcement rather than a general problem with all immigrants!

Legal low skilled immigration is anyway now closed for those from outside the EU.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I want someone to post and say, 'Of course, that is long term plan for many immigrants. Fudge ILR somehow and get on the benefits'.

The vast majority want to work hard and earn money. Those who jump through expensive hoops to get visas are usually pretty motivated.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    But this is ICT visa abuse which is a different thing. This blew up in the US recently and there is some court case going on about it now...

Infosys rejects claims of hiring discrimination in U.S | Reuters
    Interesting. Seems things really need to head in the right direction and they might as Infosys' founder took over the reins of the company recently after a few years away.
    Narayana Murthy: Indian IT cos must hire more locals for onsite operations | Business Line
    Admist concerns over the visa curbs set out in the US Immigration Reform Bill, Infosys Chairman, N.R. Narayana Murthy, has said Indian IT firms need to hire more locals for their onsite operations and that he is not a great fan of running a company based on visas.
    I'm not particularly a fan of Infosys and the likes myself and not being Infy's apologist. Just seems like a positive sign.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    Your ignorance is baffling. Maybe even CUK should impose a maximum IQ bar - imbecility quotient that is.
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    We were talking about similar activities on Sunday. Basically there are working visas and business visas. Presuming they are on working visas, they are breaking the law if they have their own limited company to sell their services.
    No they are not. If they are on Tier 2/ICT etc, then they are (because they are here to work for the employer who sponsored their visa.
    If they're on Tier 1, they are free to run a business, ltd company, work as permie or just sit on their arse and do nothing till their visa runs out (the'd need to prove a certain level of earnings for an extension though).
    By the way, AFAIK, anyone can be a UK company director (unless they are specifically barred from being so). Just that to work for that company in the UK, they would need an appropriate work visa.
    However, there is no process to enforce visa compliance once the person is in the UK. It’s a known fact that foreigners will use a limited company, run up debts and then bugger off at the end of the year without paying tax and leaving massive debts.
    Quite offensive to generalise all foreigners with the same brush. "Known fact"?

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    I want someone to post and say, 'Of course, that is long term plan for many immigrants. Fudge ILR somehow and get on the benefits'.

Once someone has ILR or has children with British passports its too late to worry about it, they are British in all but name.

Action needs to be taken to prevent so many people becoming entitled to ILR, and indeed being able to stay here long term on work visas of one kind or another, or able to stay here short term and rotate with a partner back in their homeland who between the pair of them permanently deprive a Brit of a job.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by meridian View Post
    A quick glance at the first few threads under "claiming benefits" shows that they all appear to have Indefinite Leave to Remain, which means that they are entitled to benefits.

Leave a comment:

• meridian
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Well nice to see they have an active claiming benefits section as well.

If unsure they can rely on a handy benefit entitlement calculator as well

If ever there was a moral argument in favour of minimising your tax liability this is it right here. Can we really afford this kind of thing?
    A quick glance at the first few threads under "claiming benefits" shows that they all appear to have Indefinite Leave to Remain, which means that they are entitled to benefits.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Mumsnet has always been scary.

So complain to a news agency that hates the beeb.... sky?
    as i said b4 private eye magazine would be a good place to go for starters

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    To the OP, here is CUK having a break on their forums. Mumsnet is too scary nowadays...

Immigrationboards.com :: View topic - Re: Limited company director do I need to pay tax?
    Mumsnet has always been scary.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Its a bit difficult when the people you are complaining about are working in said News agency.....
    So complain to a news agency that hates the beeb.... sky?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    You are perfectly correct, however at the time the owner did have several open vacancies that were not able to be filled by the locals So had a legitimate Visa claim while the usual suspects have to resort to price fixing to ensure that no locals can apply...
    FTFY as we could apply just don't want to at below market rates. The issue here is that they can bring someone in provided the rate is higher than some (low) fixed annual salary which doesn't reflect the actual market rate for the job. But heck we all know the tricks....

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
    Yes Patricia Hewitt and her snout in the trough as a BT director (exactly the company messing up the NHS IT programme when she was health minister) and now as director of some Indian outsourcer apologist organisation (funded by the very same outsourcers who want to keep the visa taps set to flood) make me sick
    But this is ICT visa abuse which is a different thing. This blew up in the US recently and there is some court case going on about it now...

Infosys rejects claims of hiring discrimination in U.S | Reuters

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    You are perfectly correct, however at the time the owner did have several open vacancies that were not able to be filled by the locals
    let me guess only certain specific nationalities can open curry paste jars?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X