• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Divorce should be fun"

Collapse

• jeffpow10
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    every teenagers dream has come true!

true.. :P Although i wonder how we all would have perceived it if it was a guy teacher with a girl student.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Umm, isn't this ' position of trust' age distinction a bit vague and contrived? Is an 18 year old school prefect a person in a position of trust?
    I think they try to distinguish between informal & formal positions. A scout leader would be seen as a position of trust but a venture scout helping for a day probably wouldn't be seen as in a position of trust.

My understanding is 18 -> 17 year old with unpaid / unregulated power it would be seen as a non offence from that point of view and it would concentrate on coercion which doesn't have an age restriction.

So if a teacher or a teaching assistant aged 25 has sex with their pupil then its the abuse of trust.
    If they meet and had consensual sex with a 17 year old who is not their student or they have power over in a pub then its just sex and legal.

If a Prefect says to a 17 year old ' have sex with me or I will report you' its coercion which makes it rape.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    the CPS disagree

CPS Legal Guidance
    Umm, isn't this ' position of trust' age distinction a bit vague and contrived? Is an 18 year old school prefect a person in a position of trust?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No age of consent for boys.
    the CPS disagree

CPS Legal Guidance

A boy or girl under the age of 16 cannot consent in law, (Archbold 2004, 20-152).

children under 18 having sexual relations with persons in a position of trust

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    He was 17 at the time; why is she on the sex offenders' register if she had sex with someone over the age of consent?
    No age of consent for boys.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Maintenance is supposed to be totally independent of marriage fault.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    My point was that being a woman and probably on a lower wage she may well be eligible for maintenance. Now will the Judge be generous to the 'weaker party' or see the offence as a 'door closer'?
    Maintenance is totally independent of marriage fault.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    she was in 'a position of responsibility'.
    That's not the only position she was in. Fnaar Fnaar.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I assume because of the teacher-student relationship, there's probably something enshrined in law.
    Sexual Offences (Amendment) Act 2000 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    He was 17 at the time; why is she on the sex offenders' register if she had sex with someone over the age of consent?
    I assume because of the teacher-student relationship, there's probably something enshrined in law.

Leave a comment:

• Gibbon
    replied
    My point was that being a woman and probably on a lower wage she may well be eligible for maintenance. Now will the Judge be generous to the 'weaker party' or see the offence as a 'door closer'?
    Doubtful she will get maintenance, my wife was 31 when we divorced and she got none as she was deemed young enough to do something about it.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    she was in 'a position of trust'.
    Last edited by vetran; 10 September 2013, 12:06. Reason: Trust - correct terminology

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Truth following fiction?

Truth:

Fiction:

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    The division of assets is nothing to do with fault. Usually 50/50 if no kids - but can vary if a short marriage(under 7 years) and one party has bought loads more assets into the marriage. All assets earned during marriage are assumed shared.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X