• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Divorce should be fun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    No age of consent for boys.
    the CPS disagree

CPS Legal Guidance

A boy or girl under the age of 16 cannot consent in law, (Archbold 2004, 20-152).

children under 18 having sexual relations with persons in a position of trust
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      the CPS disagree

CPS Legal Guidance
      Umm, isn't this ' position of trust' age distinction a bit vague and contrived? Is an 18 year old school prefect a person in a position of trust?
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Umm, isn't this ' position of trust' age distinction a bit vague and contrived? Is an 18 year old school prefect a person in a position of trust?
        I think they try to distinguish between informal & formal positions. A scout leader would be seen as a position of trust but a venture scout helping for a day probably wouldn't be seen as in a position of trust.

My understanding is 18 -> 17 year old with unpaid / unregulated power it would be seen as a non offence from that point of view and it would concentrate on coercion which doesn't have an age restriction.

So if a teacher or a teaching assistant aged 25 has sex with their pupil then its the abuse of trust.
        If they meet and had consensual sex with a 17 year old who is not their student or they have power over in a pub then its just sex and legal.

If a Prefect says to a 17 year old ' have sex with me or I will report you' its coercion which makes it rape.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          every teenagers dream has come true!

true.. :P Although i wonder how we all would have perceived it if it was a guy teacher with a girl student.

Comment

Working...
          X