• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Booooom time

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Booooom time"

Collapse

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Have a

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Well done.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Nice one!

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Originally posted by No2politics View Post
    To clarify I'm getting the agreed rate plus the vat. So I'm happy
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    Yes it was/is. Well a supermarket that offers financial products

That's interesting to know.
    To clarify I'm getting the agreed rate plus the vat. So I'm happy

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied

I believe the supermarkets currently / still use the services of the banks and rebrand them, although at least one is breaking away. Not sure if Tesco have already broken, but Sainsbury are / were in the process of doing so.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    Was the original contract from a financial services organisation? If so, they most likely can't reclaim the VAT, so it will make a significant difference to them.

Leave a comment:

• GB9
    replied
    Was the original contract from a financial services organisation? If so, they most likely can't reclaim the VAT, so it will make a significant difference to them.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    I finally have a signed contract in my hands and start in a week! Can I get a mini boom please?

Thanks for the advice regarding second interview. I went for it and got it- so took the pressure off quite a bit whilst primary client were dilly dallying.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    No, companies will not factor VAT in budget (surely) as they don't really pay it, it will just reduce their own bill.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied
    Thanks for the advice, or should that be advise. Haha

Will go to second interview, can't hurt.

I had understood it that way too. The only thing that spooked me is the client stipulated total pay pot not to exceed x. It looks like the have budgeted without vat, so when I start billing them that pot is going to run out faster than they had planned. Hopefully the fact they can claim it back means its a non issue. Fingers crossed.

Is probably take the role anyhow as its a new industry for me, using new techniques so would be good diversification.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Christ- some confusion as to whether their offer includes vat or not. Trying to assure them that it should be agreed day rate plus vat, since they are large company and vat registered they will just claim the vat back. That's how it works right?
    As they don't know if you are VAT registered or not the advertised rate is always + VAT

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Christ- some confusion as to whether their offer includes vat or not. Trying to assure them that it should be agreed day rate plus vat, since they are large company and vat registered they will just claim the vat back. That's how it works right?
    yes, business to business is always quoted without vat but with + vat rider, Business to consumer includes vat.

Take the second interview.

Leave a comment:

• No2politics
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Very true.

I actually have another interview next Wednesday. I was in two minds about whether to go. Would you guys go to the interview when you have just verbally accepted another gig? Just as a backup incase things go pete tong
    First off well done in lieu of contract.

Second hell yes take every job offering out there until you see a signed contract that you like and the rate to match...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X